Stalking Insurance for an American?

Cootmeurer

I am going to be coming over in late May, and already have some generous stalking offers. Checking my own liability insurance and it does not seem to carry abroad (well it actually will carry to Canada & Mexico, but nowhere else).

Do any of you know a good source for a short term stalking insurance policy? It seems that this is mandatory for nearly any stalking in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
CAM

I have a funny feeling you need to be a UK resident for the BASC insurance to be valid

I just checked and non-UK residents are covered in the UK.

Geographical Limits:Cover under the policies applies anywhere Worldwide (excluding USA/Canada) in respect of temporary visits abroad by any
member normally resident in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
Non-UK residents who are members of BASC are covered under the terms of the policies, but only in respect of recognized
BASC activities undertaken within Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

Document Summary

Edit: Reading it again, I'm unsure, does it only cover for activities organised by the BASC? Or all shooting and conservation type activities?

Edit 2: Yes it does cover, as 'BASC Activities' are defined in another paragraph.

recreational activities of wildfowling, stalking, the shooting ofgame, deer, vermin, and target shooting, airgunning, conservation, hawking, archery, angling and ferreting, gun dog working
and training (“BASC activities”)

Last edited:
TT,

Thanks for running that to ground for me. Looking at all the helpful replies, both posts and PMs, it seems either BASC or SACS are the way to go.

I just checked and non-UK residents are covered in the UK.

Document Summary

Edit: Reading it again, I'm unsure, does it only cover for activities organised by the BASC? Or all shooting and conservation type activities?

Edit 2: Yes it does cover, as 'BASC Activities' are defined in another paragraph.

Thanks for clearing that up and my bad. A few years back I was living out of the UK and needed insurance to hunt boar in France and BASC said they wouldnt cover it, your explanation clears it up.

Surely just email them both. I have to say that as BASC is not an insurer of last resort I would go for them if you were coming over. A year's BASC membership is a drop in the ocean compared to the total cost of the trip.

David.

If SACS will insure an overseas resident, I would choose them as their membership gives legal cover rather than just third party liability, unlike BASC.

SACS will happily cover non-UK residents while shooting in the UK - excellent cover, minimal expenditure, ideal for your requirements.

Rgds

Ian

Back