Niels Sondergaard : Working dogs for deer ?

Olaf

Hi, ive been doing a little research on a book for training a deer dog and the book by Niels Sondergaard " Working dogs for deer" seems to look good. Has anyone been on one of his courses and or does anyone have a copy of his book that they would like to sell me ?
Kindest regards, Olaf

Bookis great.....and his courses are awesome!! He came to Sparsholt and gave us a two day course. Just fantastic!

Thanks chaps, a great help. I will aim to get myself a copy asap.

Kindest regards, Olaf

Does anyone know if this is still in print or is in stock anywhere? We got recommended it on my DSC1 but I’ve not found it anywhere. I’m hoping that in the 6 years this thread was made they’ve not all sold out!

I had Neils out as a client, he is a very nice guy and certainly very knowledgeable on the dogs. He shot well and all in all it was a great week. I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. He sent me a signed copy of his book too

Books arrived, I was surprised to see it was a lot more general dog health/behaviour/upbringing than solely deer. It does mean though that I get to skip to the tracking part!

Books arrived, I was surprised to see it was a lot more general dog health/behaviour/upbringing than solely deer. It does mean though that I get to skip to the tracking part!

Hi Rob, its about the best book on tracking that is in English, if you need anymore help just give me a ring i am only over at Newbury.

Hi Rob, its about the best book on tracking that is in English, if you need anymore help just give me a ring i am only over at Newbury.
Thank you that's very kind. I've not started properly yet, as it says to make a dummy deer which I've not yet done.

Although she has spent the last two years of her life playing "find it" so I'm hoping it'll be a quick progression.

I'm sure Neils Sondergaards book is one of the best on the market. It has to be padded out with other things than tracking training because in reality training a dog to track is relatively easy.
when you buy a teckle pup in Sweden a small pamphlet on training your teckle to track is in the puppy info pack. Its printed on 2 pieces of A4 paper folded in half. So 8 pages of info that will tell you all you need to know about getting your tracking dog up to a good standard. Its as simple as that
Another book that is well worth a read is, scent and the scenting dog by William G Syrotuck. A great book to understand how scent works.

Back