Thread: FAC Renewal time wanting some new toys (Rifles)

FAC Renewal time wanting some new toys (Rifles)

Renewal time agian.

I am wanting to get a new rifle but canít decide to get a 308 or 7mm rem. Iwant it to cover boar and red deer and maybe a bit of hunting in Africa.

308 like it but I cant use it all around the world. Now the 7mm rem I hear canbe used everywhere am I correct about this? I am meaning about the military cartridgeproblem.

I've got it in my head that I should buy a blaser or some other take down rifleas it would be good for traveling. But I have herd such mixed reviews aboutthem. How do people that own these rifles get on with going back to a normalbolt action rifle. Or is a case of once you've used one there no going back.

I've got a 243 that I use for fox and and roe.

I went for a 7mm-08 - little bit sweeter than the 308 and can be used everywhere... I'd imagine it's a bit too light for most African Game though!

Africa is on my to-do list, but I'll probably get a gun just for Africa if I ever manage to make it over - for now Scotland and France are much more likely and the 7mm-08 suits both!

Get a .300 Win.Mag., ideal for your intended purpose and easy to re-load down if you wish.
    I used one in Africa on largish game including Kudu with excellent results.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Get a .300 Win.Mag., ideal for your intended purpose and easy to re-load down if you wish.
    I used one in Africa on largish game including Kudu with excellent results.

HWH.
    Hoŵ well does a 300 win mag shoot if loaded down to 308 levels, ie 150 gn at c 2700 fps. Is it accurate at those sorts of velocities?

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Hoŵ well does a 300 win mag shoot if loaded down to 308 levels, ie 150 gn at c 2700 fps. Is it accurate at those sorts of velocities?
    Every rifle is different, you just have to experiment and find out what yours likes.

HWH.