Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WH Smith has lifted the age ban?

WH Smith has lifted the age ban?

Hi all,

Not sure if we have had a post about this new development yet, but I couldn't find one. Have a read of this -

http://www.blazepublishing.co.uk/ind...o-lift-age-ban

Sounds good, although I think it's important we keep aware of what groups such as AnimalAid are up to; I checked their site and they now have a campaign to try and get leading newsagents to ban shooting magazines to under 18s! How ridiculous.

Anyway, sorry if it's been put up already, but good to read something positive!

Excellent news!

I don't think that the bid to ban shooting magazines for under 18s is going to work out now that the largest newsagent in the UK has overturned the previous ban. They're going to need to come up with another plan.

The same thing was reported by the BASC at one of their Scottish 'Meet the team' evenings earlier this week, although being cautious regarding no official statement from WHS.

The shooting community should use the PR as best it can in helping to overturn a campaign by Animal Aid.

We're very good at beating the drum within our own shooting communities and organisations, maybe some PR in the more mainstream publications should be attempted.

I'm still not going to use them for even thinking they could get away with it.....pack o....

Quote Originally Posted by Cug View Post
    I'm still not going to use them for even thinking they could get away with it.....pack o....
    +1 Sanctimonious prats, after their email justifying their ban, no chance! atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Cug View Post
    +1 You are correct the should not be forgiven for this. The should be boycotted for even thinking up such a stupid idea. The only reverted due to consequence of loosing revenue from hunters and the families take your business else where support your local rural stationery shop instead.

Glendine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    +1 You are correct the should not be forgiven for this. The should be boycotted for even thinking up such a stupid idea. The only reverted due to consequence of loosing revenue from hunters and the families take your business else where support your local rural stationery shop instead.

Glendine.
    They also didn't bank on the backlash from the publishers who along with shooting titles, publish all the other mainstream magazines:

http://www.ipcmedia.com/brands being just one example.

Blog Entries
    Guys

Thats quite old news. This is not over yet.

Until we get a statement that this has been dropped I dont believe we can let up

Only Tuesday this came up on the campaign Facebook Page.

"Please in your research foucs on what we believe are the remaining items that are affected, These are Airgun Shooter, Airsoft magazine and the Guns & Ammo 2013 annual magazine. Publishers have been contacted and are working on it. Further more pressure on WHsmiths Via talks with managers, or emailing must continue. By tomorrow BASC's emails to its members should have gone out to every member, an...d the campaign will be in the next issue of shooting and conservation. I urge you to do reasearch on the above titles, and furthermore if you are a member of a organisation that isnt BASC contact them and place pressure on them to Mass email their members. Cooperation is appreciated as always. Thankyou guys and all the best"
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Over-confidence by Blaze Publishing? A brave, provocative press release? There may never be an official retraction statement as the restriction was never officially issued, thus nothing to retract. Equally significant is that there has not been a statment from WHS reiterating the restriction leaving their 'official' line confusing.