Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Importing expanding missiles from abroad - BASC clarify position

Importing expanding missiles from abroad - BASC clarify position

Dear All, I have managed to retrieve an answer about what seemed to be an ambiguous notice to importers which says that an import licence is not needed for "components of ammunition".

http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/BISCore...ition-2012.pdf

Import law requires an import licence for unaccompanied items controlled by the firearms acts, especially section 5 items. The following response from the Import Licensing Branch of the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills clarifies that a firearm certificate may be used in lieu of an import licence to import expanding missiles.

UK Border Agency/Customs are aware of this stance and have the facility to the check importers certificates on the National Firearms Licensing Management System, so donít think you can import missiles of any old caliber!!!

"Section 5(1A)(f) relates to the complete round of expanding ammunition whereas expanding projectiles fall within 5(1A)(g). The notice is correct when it states that an importer does not need to apply to this branch for a specific import licence for component parts of ammunition.

We have had discussions with the UK Border Force who have confirmed that the personal importation concession is applicable to goods shipped to the recipient. They view the domestic authority of the recipient in effect as the import licence.

Yours sincerely
    Import Licensing Branch | Department for Business, Innovation and Skills |
    Queensway House | West Precinct | Billingham | TS23 2NF | enquiries.ilb@bis.gsi.gov.uk | | Fax: 01642 364269 | www.bis.gov.uk"

Very useful information. Thanks for posting.

Plus one to BASC.

However, how do we stand on ordering expanding bullets from abroad with reference to the fact that the Act states they must be entered onto the individual's certificate in accordance with your associated posts on your other thread (whatever it was entitled)?
    Last edited by jon2; 15-11-2012 at 17:45.

Just to be clear on this, is it lawful to get them posted from abroad if you have the correct quantity & calibre authorised on your FAC? atb Tim

thats mad i can inport but i cant get them posted from say reloading supplies down the road ? or am i reading this wrong.

thats right for the simple reason its illegal to post them within this country but if you send them from a country where it is legal to post its fine. Nice its clarified and that people that have done it were fine all along.

It certainly wouldn't save me much money though as i am only aloud to buy 300 of each call at any one time. By the time shipping + VAT + Handling fee it would likelly be more expensive.

Ads

With the costs of motoring these days I would say there is a fair chance it would still be cost effective.

It is also a case of availability. It is sometimes difficult to obtain certain bullet types. I have seen on Cliff's there are a few types that have been difficult for me to obtain in the past and yet they show as a stock item on his site.
    Last edited by jon2; 15-11-2012 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by auquhollie View Post
    It certainly wouldn't save me much money though as i am only aloud to buy 300 of each call at any one time. By the time shipping + VAT + Handling fee it would likelly be more expensive.

Ads
    not if you have friends of the same calibre and you club together and split you will save quite abit i have 6 friends all with the same cal i think its time now to do some ordering as we also use same bullets/ loads, atb wayne. ps just on your 300 alone you would definately save some money ,why chuck it away when you dont need to . atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Not sure how much is saved once the US export license is paid for. As for US shops that will export without the license remember that once the Authorities over there catch up with them they have your name and address. A trip to Disneyland then could get interesting. Is this train of thought flawed?
    Thanks to Matt to clarifying things this end.

Yorkie.

mereside
    you can import for your use if on your fac but to import for someone else could get messy
    if you have 1000 on your ticket and give sell 200 to your mates could be classed as a dealer