Thread: Firearms Advice please!

Firearms Advice please!

i recently purchased a new rifle, on the day of the purchase i was told by the gunshop owner that if i was not happy with the rifle i could return it for a another, no problems there. the gunshop advised that i would require a 3 month permit for the exchange.

ive contacted my firearms officer who has advised me that i will have to hand back the rifle to the gunshop and then write in for a 1 for 1 variation in order to exchange for the new rifle, the gunshop has advised me that this is incorrect as all i require is a 3 month permit to enable me to carry out the exchange, can anyone shed some light on this.

local gunshop here does a 7day trial on s/h guns... you have 7 days to decide if you like it or not, then either return the gun or notify FLD of purchse.

Never heard of a 3month permit
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    local gunshop here does a 7day trial on s/h guns... you have 7 days to decide if you like it or not, then either return the gun or notify FLD of purchse.

Never heard of a 3month permit
    apparently the 3 month permit is issued by the firearms officer to enable you to exhange the rifle.

iv enever heard of a 3 month ticket

if you buy a firearm or section 1 shotgun you need to inform the police with in 7 dyas if you want to change it after the initial purchase you will need a nother variation

you can not chop and change rifles etc with out variations for evry transaction unless you have a imilar spare slot on your ticket in which case you can but you still need to advice the polizia
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Just spoke to basc the permit the gunshop is refering to is called a Section 7 but this is to the discretion of the firearms officer, basc can push for this if the firearms / shotgun certificate has expired but in this instance it is up to the individual.