Thread: After Mallard Barn

After Mallard Barn

Earlier this year a member on here 'Alvaro' posted a tale of a poor stalking experience. I won't go into that now but after his story was posted I invited him to stalk on my ground to show him that British hunters were generally not what he had encountered on a commercial enterprise that did not live up to any reasonable expectation

i didn't know Alvaro from Adam but he seemed a genuine sort of guy. ALVARO and his family were living in the UK for a year when he had his stalking woes but now is back home in Spain again. I too am in Spain as I post this thread and excitedly waiting for tomorrow when this time I will be his guest to a traditional Spanish Monteria just North of Seville.

Tomorrow the hunting menu will include Red, fallow, boar, roe and Mouflon ! I feel a little embarrassed as I only had the humble muntjac on offer at the time. i thought I was only coming for a potential shot at a Spanish Boar, which was still fantastic but this day will be a definite cut above the average.

Thank you SD !

p

One good turn deserves another! Well done of for showing him what the majority of UK stalkers are really like!

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

nice one will look forward to hearing about your trip ,did alvaro post a writeup on his adventure, atb wayne ps good luck

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Cheers Wayne, driven game can be a bit hit & miss but thats the game but when its good it is a big adrenalin rush and hard to beat for excitement. I will update the thread post hunt.
    Avaro did post his experiences here too.

I hope and trust your peg will be busy and the company you have will look after you well. Have a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Earlier this year a member on here 'Alvaro' posted a tale of a poor stalking experience. I won't go into that now but after his story was posted I invited him to stalk on my ground to show him that British hunters were generally not what he had encountered on a commercial enterprise that did not live up to any reasonable expectation

i didn't know Alvaro from Adam but he seemed a genuine sort of guy. ALVARO and his family were living in the UK for a year when he had his stalking woes but now is back home in Spain again. I too am in Spain as I post this thread and excitedly waiting for tomorrow when this time I will be his guest to a traditional Spanish Monteria just North of Seville.

Tomorrow the hunting menu will include Red, fallow, boar, roe and Mouflon ! I feel a little embarrassed as I only had the humble muntjac on offer at the time. i thought I was only coming for a potential shot at a Spanish Boar, which was still fantastic but this day will be a definite cut above the average.

Thank you SD !

p
    Thats what makes this site a cut above all the other sites, friendships being forged and helping each other out. Lets see some piccies when you return, and the very best of luck for the day.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Well done Prometheus, a good turn indeed, hope you have a successful day. Keep us posted.

Up here is doing OK but but motor bike access is now proving to be a bit of a pain in the A*se.... 3 of the bar stewards kicking about on the ground yesterday.

PM me when you get back, I have some stuff to send on to you.

Cheers

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Just back to my hotel and had a great day with Alvaro on the Monteria. The day started with the syndicate rifles gathering for breakfast at about 9 on the estate, all very social as most of the guys are old friends. After pastries and then a cooked breakfast we drew for the pegs. There were 24 rifles a few friends and over 200 dogs going out.
    I was on on peg at 11 am with the drive expected to be on until about 2.30.
    In the end we were finished by 1.30 due to a horrendous rain storm which is very unusual for the area but was forecast. By the time we had done the cull was 41 of mostly red and fallow and a few boar with yours truly having grassed 4 for sure but possibly 5 (I wasn't sure about one hind but my host said yes) mine were all red and fallow.
    What a tremendous action packed two and a half hours of heart racing shooting. although I only pulled the trigger 7 times I lifted the borrowed blaser on many occasions but was not able to make a shot due to the eucalyptus cover in the valley I was in.

After the shooting came the lunch which lasted another 3 hours. I would like to say I was as hungry as the dogs but to be honest after seeing one or two of the first shot beasts coming in from the forest I don't think the dogs were too hungry by the end !

it was a really great days sport and when I get them sorted I will see if I can post some pics on the thread, and if anyone has been thinking about going on a Spanish open estate Monteria go for it you won't regret it !

Well done S. It's great when someone returns some generosity. You must be absolutely stoked with your performance. Enjoy the rest of your break. I hope to catch up with you myself over the next couple months.

Nice one Simon
    good trip by the sounds
    good to hear your good deed has shown it true colours and a good friendship made
    also nice one Avaro