Thread: Country File Calendar, Another Slap In The Face For Hunters

Country File Calendar, Another Slap In The Face For Hunters

Just watching Children in Need and John Craven was on advertising the 2012 CFile calendar. Front cover a badger walking down the road and quote A Walk On The Wild Side.

Where ever I go, read, watch at the moment there is a Badger somewhere! Alive.its almost as if all badgers from the EU are coming over to.

Moan over. Andrew

BB,

Whilst I can see where you are coming from, that photo was picked with 11 others from thousands of entries. We can't hide from their appeal to the masses but, I wouldn't take a photo of a badger as a slap in the face.

The badger issue has been compounded by the governments lack of clear communication, lack of real support and lack of balls to follow through on a required test cull to ensure the survival of a keystone industry in the UK.

Pictures or not, we can't hide from them hoping the public will forget the issue.

T

I'll still buy one, after all is for a good cause.
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.

badgers tut, all cameron needs to do is use census data from the NFU and put them back on the quarry list, it's not rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    badgers tut, all cameron needs to do is use census data from the NFU and put them back on the quarry list, it's not rocket science
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Yep. Especially as there was double the number expected. The experts go on about how a cull in one area will cause vacuum and increase the spread of TB. It doesn't take much brainpower to see that the solution would be to conduct a nationwide cull. But once again it is about PR and not animal welfare. (Welfare of the species of course as opposed to the bunny hugging welfare of an individual badger).

You have to admit though, it's a great photograph.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....