Thread: Welcome to Highland Handloads

Welcome to Highland Handloads

I spotted this in the SGA magazine. Has anyone dealt with these folk in Golspie, Sutherland? Highland Handloads - Custom Rifle Ammunition Any comments? Thanks JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 18-11-2012 at 09:49.

Out of interest are the developed loads submitted for proof as they are being sold commercially, and is there a requirement that they should be?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Can you imagine what their third party insurance costs . A potentiel minefeild as well i d have thought.
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    Can you imagine what their third party insurance costs . A potentiel minefeild as well i d have thought.
    That crossed my mind also. I also noted that they are a limited company. I recall that zero bullets went out production because of a massive hike in insurance costs some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    That crossed my mind also. I also noted that they are a limited company. I recall that zero bullets went out production because of a massive hike in insurance costs some years ago.

Plus of course the loss of the Pistol market and that was where the bread and buttel lay. The pistol shooters used far more bullets that rifle shooters do.

PI insurance is just like every other commoditised product out there

10Million costs less than 150 a year

I know as I have it!

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    I spotted this in the SGA magazine. Has anyone dealt with these folk in Golspie, Sutherland? Highland Handloads - Custom Rifle Ammunition Any comments? Thanks JCS
    Hello JDCS, I seem to recall reading somewhere that it is.....illegal to sell hand loaded ammunition, reading the replies thus far it would look as though there are concerns over third party liability, I for one would like to see some validations/recommendations etc before I would embark on this venture, and especially if I had to travel to the Highlands.... and you know how I love those "bumps" as described by you

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    PI insurance is just like every other commoditised product out there

10Million costs less than 150 a year

I know as I have it!
    I have similar cover combined with professional competence insurance but it specifically excludes high risk premises and industrial processes. I would think that manufacturing ammunition may be regarded by the insurance companies as high risk and would think that the insurance premiums are much higher.

if they adverise in the uk than all well and good they twill khow the law it is not an ofeins to buy ammo it is an offieince ot sell ammo if not sure connact your fwo