Thread: Shooting Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire.

Shooting Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire.

Hello all.

I started clay shooting earlier this year with the intention of getting in to rough shooting. However I have the same problem as most people. Opportunities don't just present themselves! I have a real passion for shooting and fingers crossed something will come good!

I have been trying to gain permission for a while now, asking about, contacting farmers etc but have had no joy as yet..

If anybody has any permission, wouldn't mind me tagging along or could help me out in anyway possible I would greatly appreciate it. Evan a days beating would be brilliant. I obviously have a Shotgun licence and full Basc insurance. Thanks for reading!

Many thanks.
    Matthew.

Good luck with that, an introduction might help first..........

There's a lot of pigeons about and the maze is coming through so now is the time if you see a lot of pigeons on the fields do some doorknocking could pay dividends, With a good polite introduction of course!!!
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

Apologies deerstalker, introduction submitted! Also thanks Rotwild for the response. Have been door knocking but no joy as yet as most have people already shooting over the land. Not given up yet though!

Quote Originally Posted by Matty88 View Post
    Apologies deerstalker, introduction submitted! Also thanks Rotwild for the response. Have been door knocking but no joy as yet as most have people already shooting over the land. Not given up yet though!
    No problem mate, that's the problem living next to cities permission is like hens teeth, if you see a farmer using bird scarier then its costing him money so it's just about being in the right place at the right time, if there's somebody already shooting the land and there not coming forward when the pigeons are landing then a farmer may take you up on your offer!

Atb
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

The shoot I shoot on is looking for beaters this year, it's on Saturdays near Six hills. PM me if your interested