Thread: doe boxes

doe boxes

heres one for the more experienced stalkers out there - there seems to be a lot of disscusions on doe boxes in past months i have only known them as low seats so what is a doe box ? i will post some pictures of high seats and low seats used on our stalking ground for ten years plus soon when i next visit.

doe boxes are just hidden shooting platforms low to the ground mine are made from 40mm box section that has two sides and then you bolt on wooden panels that make a box with a sloping roof these flat pack well so they move to different locations ,they also have adjustable feet for uneven ground, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Three pallets in a "c" shape with a decking board seat, splash a bit of paint on it or drape some hessian sacking around it seems to work well on an estate I visit ,shot my first lowland red from one a few moons ago now and many have lasted the course !

I use old tattie crates with the back cut out for access and a hole cut for shooting at the front. I put a roof of ply with felt on half of them for rainy days. I paid 20 each for 10 and the farmer even dropped them off in situ.

I posted doe boxes what i wanted to know was why low seats are called by some people doe boxes.

low seats are just that low seats, doe boxes are box hides that you sit hidden in i suppose you could say they are called doe boxes for the quarry your after as i always thaught doe boxes out in the open for when there wasnt much cover so that would imply your after the does but people use them all year round,thats my take on it anyway, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

In Texas we call them 'out house' blinds or stands. If the the same thing is off the ground they are usually called 'tower' stands. capt david

Doe boxes are called doe boxes because they were mainly used for shooting does from. We placed them on spots on rides, burnsides to be used when we were driving deer. They were reasonably portable so we could move them from place to place as the forest changed. We then started to use them as "low seats" which were made permanent. Its as simple as that

Al