Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: changes to firearms act

changes to firearms act

ideas on changing the act ie expanding ammo 22 pistol training ticket issues remember to give and take
    lister

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I don't know what you're looking for on this post? Hope I'm not the only one that has no idea what you want from it..........

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I was waiting for 50 views no plan just asking for ideas
    the expanding ammo issue just seems to prove there is no need for it
    armed robber applying for ticket did
    asking shooters what they would like to change
    there is a review 2013

I think they should make all firearm licensing departments stick to guide lines and not put there own spin onto the rules i.e some will let you shoot fox with .17hmr others don't

in 2002 17 hmr was not on the guidelines but local police do pick and choose
    a to training when i started at work you had to wear seel toe capped boots now you have to wear steel toe capped boots a bump cap safety glasses and hi viz
    training for new shooters is not a bad idea

allow back .22 pistols for target shooting, open up to allow semi auto .17's as well as .22 rf's and scrap the rediculous rules on expanding ammo sorted

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    , open up to allow semi auto .17's
    Does anyone make a 17 in semi auto? Last I heard there was a big issue with safety on the 17HMR semi autos because the case neck was prone to splitting. You may be able to pick up a second hand rifle but most likely not a new one.

I have heard of some custom semi autos in 17 Remington, mostly based off the AR platform so not necessarily that accurate for medium-long range foxing. No major manufacturers seem to make semi autos in 17 Fireball, Hornet or Remington.

Reclassify all current section 1 Sporting rifles as section 2 - retitle the Shotgun certificate as "Sporting firearms certifcate". Reclassify section 5 Semi-auto centrefire rifles and all Pistols as section 1. Remove S5 classification for expanding ammo. All too often the shooting community has merely attempted to maintain the status quo in the face of some draconian proposals from the Government, if we do not ask we will not get. atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Reclassify all current section 1 Sporting rifles as section 2 - retitle the Shotgun certificate as "Sporting firearms certifcate".
    Have you spent much time listening to the majority of Shotgun Certificate holders in gunshops or clay grounds? I wouldn't trust them with a pencil sharpener, let alone a rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    Have you spent much time listening to the majority of Shotgun Certificate holders in gunshops or clay grounds? I wouldn't trust them with a pencil sharpener, let alone a rifle.
    Makes no difference, "fit to be entrusted with a firearm" means just that, I do not agree with these sort of spurious arguments that one sort of firearm is any more or less safe than the next. If an individual SGC or FAC holder is behaving irresponsibly or dangerously with their guns I would call into question whether they should be permitted to hold any sort of firearm at all. atb Tim