Freelander 2 Tyres

Any recomendations please? 18" rims.

Will be used about 10% off road.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil M View Post
    Any recomendations please? 18" rims.

Will be used about 10% off road.

thanks
    I have about 110,000 miles in my 2 freelander 2s all on 17 inch tyres. I don't see the need for 18 inch rims.
    TonyC

My Freelander 2 came with Continentals as original equipment but 17 inch wheels and did around 30,000 miles.Replacements were very expensive and so I opted for General Grabber uhp and have no regrets.They will not wear quite as well as the Continentals but I cannot fault them.Regards.Richard.

any road bias will be fine if you only intend to go of the tarmac that little.

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

Put grabber ATs on wife's Freelander 2. Pointless putting a road tyre on then embarrassing yourself when it snows or you go in a muddy field.

No increased road noise.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I put General Grabber A/T's on my Suzuki XL7 .....lasted about 50,000 miles ! well pleased
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

Go with general Grabber AT's.
    very good tyre for the money.

Virtually all the F/L, Disco's, Sports and range rovers we have through tend to have these when they want a slightly more aggresive tyre than the standard factory. Also they do them up to 20"

Jon

What is the general opinion of the baby Land Rover.

We had a Freelander many years ago. S reg petrol. It was a nice "car" to drive but it was really the ex-Mrs !!! She sold it as soon as we split !

I keep looking at the diesel version. Can it be regarded as an everyday commuter to the station (22 mile round trip), family car and sort of soft roader shooting truck ??

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I keep looking at the diesel version. Can it be regarded as an everyday commuter to the station (22 mile round trip), family car and sort of soft roader shooting truck ??
    It's a nice, easy to drive car, relatively economical (~35+ on a run), comfortable and still has a decent driving position. Surprisingly capable off road with decent tyres, just ground clearance that lets her down.

I drove one for 3 years, now have a Discovery (which is a better car, but thirsty and worse to park) but bought the FL2 for my good lady wife. Mine coped well in the snow 2 winters ago.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    What is the general opinion of the baby Land Rover.

We had a Freelander many years ago. S reg petrol. It was a nice "car" to drive but it was really the ex-Mrs !!! She sold it as soon as we split !

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    My wife has a FL2 HSE and it is a great car, a joy to drive and remarkably good off road with the standard tyres, as pointed out the ground clearance can be an issue. I used it on our shoot for a while but started scratching the paint on the undergrowth on some of the tracks so had to get a Defender as a shooting vehicle. On the road it is better to drive than my Toyota Prius and our car of choice to travel anywhere, despite the average 34mpg, I do not think that you will be disappointed.
    Martin