advise please

mal mason

Hi guys, just wanting some advise on shooting deer in england and wales, i currently shoot .223 and do alot of foxing in england and wales and recently come across roe deer on the land i shoot on, obviously i would need a vairiation on my ticket but can some one shine some light on what i do next before i even think about stalking them, any advise would be much appreciated regards mal.

If the owner wants you to control them then get him to put something in writing, then there is your good reason. Send that and your variation for a deer legal calibre of your choice to your police force and you are away.

Be prepared to justify, to an extent, your choice of calibre, whether the ground is safe for that calibre (yes, I know :rolleyes:), your experience etc. Also be prepared for them to ask for DSC1, mentor etc. and be prepared to negotiate accordingly!

what you need to do mal is invite me along and ill show you the ropes ;) :lol:

ATB

Dave

don't get a .243 when you already have a .223, go for something larger so you can use it comfortably for sika and reds as well, otherwise you'll find yourself wanting another one when you go up north to gods country. I suggest 6.5x55 or .308, even though 30-06 or .270 would be good too, if the majority of use is for roe you don't want to go too big either.

don't get a .243 when you already have a .223, go for something larger so you can use it comfortably for sika and reds as well, otherwise you'll find yourself wanting another one when you go up north to gods country. I suggest 6.5x55 or .308, even though 30-06 or .270 would be good too, if the majority of use is for roe you don't want to go too big either.

+1 for 6.5x55mm With 140gr ammo will drop anything in the UK

Don't get what the hype is about for .308 and this 6.5 x55 .243 would be perfect for anything in England, if you can put the Bullet where it needs to be it will be plenty especially red and sika with Federal powershock they don't like them ;)

A shame your not in Scotland on the Roe job with a .223 already on the ticket!

Back