Thread: Evening all!

Evening all!

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a little while now and it has given me useful insights and information so it made sense to join.

I am new to the stalking world. My grandfather was a very keen stalker, member of st Hubert in his day and the rest. It was something he was always keen for me to take up, i was already enjoying feathered sport and as a result I inherited his rifles when he died. These are a (lovely) Rigby 275, Remington 222 and a little Brno 22.

I have a restriction on my license which restricts my use of these guns, which makes sense, I suppose. I do have my DSC level 1 and have plenty of experience with smaller calibres and air rifles.

I am very keen to get this restriction lifted while learning this new sport as it has not really worked out with my named mentor... He is a bit far and difficult to get to get hold of. If anyone can recommend good value culling opportunities in or around Oxfordshire, I would be very grateful, especially if it is a learning experience. I am also keen to meet others on and around Oxford to learn the skills of the stalker!

In anticipation, I look forward to the chat, learning and of course; banter!

cheers

Bob

Can't offer any help or info on your request Bob but i am sure someone will give you a few hints soon enough......welcome to the forum
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by varmint223 View Post
    Can't offer any help or info on your request Bob but i am sure someone will give you a few hints soon enough......welcome to the forum
    Many thanks, varmint223. I am sure I will find my way around and get there... It's all very exciting!

Hi Bob welcome to SD, good to have another Oxfordshire member on here. Whereabouts in the county are you based?

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Thank you, chaps!

I am based in Oxford, Chris, but always willing to travel! Currently I have only stalked in Dorset. Where aboutt are you?

Hi Bob

I'm in Farmoor
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!