Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butchery course in scotland

Butchery course in scotland

I would like to know if anybody knows of a butchery course running in scotland? Myself and a friend would be very interested.

Neil
    I would be interested in this course as well and may be able get someone else along. If a couple more are interested it may prompt someone to set up a course. Let me know if you hear of anything.

Contact Andrew at the Store Company in Foveran just a few miles from you - he runs butchery courses. http://thestorecompany.co.uk/index.p...ion=HOME&id=72 tell him David recommended him!

Admin: I have no fiduciary connections with the Store Company at all - they are however great supporters of countrysports and the rural way of life.

Edit: just looked at your profile I see you are in Newburgh, Fife not Newburgh, Aberdeenshire - maybe a bit of a trip!

Now this is an ancient thread, but I think there will be a group of us who want to learn how to butcher our deer more effectively.
    How do we do this? This thread is four years old. Things must have moved on - apart from the excellent YouTube videos available.
    Somebody on this excellent forum must be able to give us an answer.

I'm happy to host a venison butchery course near Newtyle if there's enough interest? If interested parties want to PM me direct I can gauge demand and get something set up. Course content will include basic carcass-handling, practical demonstration, course notes (possibly a DVD) and perhaps extra content based on individuals requirements . . . . .

Last edited by Woodsmoke; 22-10-2016 at 20:36.
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Nothing like hands on .
    Anything north Arshire give us a shout.

Well, Woodsmoke, needless to say, I'm in. I wonder how we can rustle up some extra interested parties?

Well, I'm sure if we can't run a course we can make some sort of a trade between ourselves
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

As said on other post if I'm home I'm in , & ifxaway hopefully other opportunities

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    I'm happy to host a venison butchery course near Newtyle if there's enough interest? If interested parties want to PM me direct I can gauge demand and get something set up. Course content will include basic carcass-handling, practical demonstration, course notes (possibly a DVD) and perhaps extra content based on individuals requirements . . . . .

Certainly interested in this...