Butchery course in scotland

Neil
I would be interested in this course as well and may be able get someone else along. If a couple more are interested it may prompt someone to set up a course. Let me know if you hear of anything.

Contact Andrew at the Store Company in Foveran just a few miles from you - he runs butchery courses. http://thestorecompany.co.uk/index.php?section=main&sub_section=HOME&id=72 tell him David recommended him!

Admin: I have no fiduciary connections with the Store Company at all - they are however great supporters of countrysports and the rural way of life.

Edit: just looked at your profile I see you are in Newburgh, Fife not Newburgh, Aberdeenshire - maybe a bit of a trip!

Now this is an ancient thread, but I think there will be a group of us who want to learn how to butcher our deer more effectively.
How do we do this? This thread is four years old. Things must have moved on - apart from the excellent YouTube videos available.
Somebody on this excellent forum must be able to give us an answer.

I'm happy to host a venison butchery course near Newtyle if there's enough interest? If interested parties want to PM me direct I can gauge demand and get something set up. Course content will include basic carcass-handling, practical demonstration, course notes (possibly a DVD) and perhaps extra content based on individuals requirements . . . . .

Last edited:
I'm happy to host a venison butchery course near Newtyle if there's enough interest? If interested parties want to PM me direct I can gauge demand and get something set up. Course content will include basic carcass-handling, practical demonstration, course notes (possibly a DVD) and perhaps extra content based on individuals requirements . . . . .

Certainly interested in this...

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted!

As an aside, and to maybe give a flavour as to what to expect from the course, here's the result of my butchering a Blackface I shot the other day for my own consumption. I'm not a time-served butcher, but I've dealt with many carcasses, from roe/red deer, to sheep and pigs, and I hate wasting meat! If anyone has anything in particular they'd like to see as part of the content, please feel free to make suggestions :thumb:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg