Thread: Tell me about the 7mm08.........

Tell me about the 7mm08.........

Folks,
    I've been offered an absolute mint rifle at a silly price. Prob is that its' in 7mm08 - a calibre to which i have no knowledge and not sure whether i could use it or not.

I regularly use a 308, 223, 22-250. Regularly stalk roe, occassional red/sika and hammer the foxes.

Thanks

http://gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satelli...M-08+Remington

I found that on Google and it's a good article on the round.

A colleague had a rem 700 in 7-08 for about 4 years and I loved using it if we were out together. Very sweet to fire and up to the job of anything in the UK.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Scotsgun

Suggest you send a pm to Roedinator - he has a 7mm-08 and loves it.

willie_gunn

7mm-08

what make is it;from what i have read it is a good all round calibur. i am having trouble finding one; been told there is waiting list for sako85 of ten mounths

7-08

308 necked down to 7mm, slightly faster than my 7x57 which I love, I'd buy it definately, nice selection of bullets in 7mm, good all round calibre, would do well on plainsgame my 7x57 did as many others do in owned in Africa. BUY IT

Tell me about the 7mm08

308 necked down to 7mm, slightly faster than my 7x57 which I love, I'd buy it definately, nice selection of bullets in 7mm, good all round calibre, would do well on plainsgame my 7x57 did as many others do in owned in Africa. BUY IT

It's a browning A bolt in pristine condition. it has one of those weird barrel harmonizers on the end, but i'll chop it off and fit a mod.

Did you ever buy that rifle???????????? If so how you getting with it???
    Have a look at this link this made me go for my 7mm08 and ive not looked back,
    http://sed88.tripod.com/rem7/
    Have a read of some of the guest book

I'm afraid to say that i just couldn't resist it. i did the usual of taking one rifle out in a large drag bag and sneaking a 2 back indoors with it. The wife has yet to cotton on and peek inside the drag bag.

It's languishing at the back of my cabinet at the moment after 2 bad experiences with Bushnell 4200 elite scopes. I will never buy Bushnell again!

I'm currently saving up for an IOR scope to put on it and get a gunsmith to chop off the ugly barrel hormonizer - fitting a moderator.