Thread: Dsc1 help

Dsc1 help

Hi how old do you have to be to get your DSC1 I am currently only 17 thanks
    also does anyone have any advise I was thinking about going to do mine at Jelen deer this December thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie b View Post
    Hi how old do you have to be to get your DSC1 I am currently only 17 thanks
    also does anyone have any advise I was thinking about going to do mine at Jelen deer this December thanks again
    There are several good guys on here Jelen being one who run DSC1 courses and will be able to point you in the right direction. I did my DSC1 at Byrony earlier this year and thought it was excellent but its a treck from buckinghamshire.
    Last edited by Bart308; 20-11-2012 at 01:24.

SD Regular
    Charlie,

At 17, you are old enough to hold your own firearms certificate and therefore be able to complete the shooting and safety elements of the assessment. I think it's laudable that you'd like to do the qualification and I encourage you to do it. The learning is not too onerous and you should have no problems - go for it! Just practice and practice the question set - you'll be fine.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Read as much as you can and be out as much as you can. Don't need a rifle to out there absorbing information and experiance.

Charlie B, get your self onto the DMQ web site, it has the question bank for DSC 1 found here- DMQ Setting the standard for wild deer management Alot of studying but it will stand you in good stead for the exams and will give you a good grounding in deer related issues.All the best.Tam

i have brought the dsc1 training dvd off bds and am going to join the The Marlow Rifle & Pistol Club
    it the marlow rifle club in buckinghamshire has any one been there or know of any other rifle clubs in buckinghamshire thanks