Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isuzu D Max

Isuzu D Max

I had a look at the new DMax at the weekend, drove quite well and on paper seems pretty good, backed up by a 5 year 125K warranty too, does anyone have any experience of them?

One of our picker ups got a brand new one a couple of weeks ago compleat with a set of all terrain tires ! He was the only car to get stuck on the Friday then again on the saturday ! Rangerover sport with big road tyres drove past him

My mate got one a couple of weeks ago. Been out lamping in it a couple of times, seems ok, went everywhere we needed to go. It's no Hilux but seems good value for money.

SD Regular
    Pick mine up this friday , got rid of my disco 3 due to the fact it kept getting bogged down and the wife complained about that horrible smell and fuel consumption ....... time will tell .
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

I am a proud owner of an Isuzu Dmax pickup on a 15 plate, however I have some issues. When I bought the pickup I was dazzled with the 5 year 125000mile warranty. However what they don't say, is the price of dealer servicing and that they won't even think of honouring the warranty unless you use Isuzu servicing! I do 24000 miles a year so that means 2 services, one big£600+and one small £370+. So lets say £1000 a year to service!!!!! Am I being over sensitive and that is a reasonable sum?? Ford rangers have a 20,000 mile servicing interval and their services are only £300 small and £360 large.
    I really wish id done a bit more research.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy907 View Post
    What you're lacking on the research front you've certainly made up for in your ability to copy and paste the same post on three different Isuzu Dmax threads!

Why not try an introduction before spamming the forum with this?

Seem to be a lot of farmers about here with relatively new ones so I'd guess they are doing quite well in terms of value for money and delivering the goods.

One thing I will say, because I nearly made the mistake, is that there are lots of new model pickups about at the minute and it is worth taking a look at them all as the playing field seems to have changed somewhat and the common view of what is best might not be a little behind the times. I was looking for one around March time and Toyota and Ford were my "choices" but after looking around, driving some, taking a look at running costs and so on I ended up with a new model L200, which had started at the bottom of my list. So I'd suggest looking at all the options before you buy as once I'd done that my views changed.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

I've had my Hilux for a year now and couldn't be more pleased with it. It really is a very good truck.

2007-2011 Hilux for the win! No dpf and a proper low range shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy907 View Post
    I am a proud owner of an Isuzu Dmax pickup on a 15 plate, however I have some issues. When I bought the pickup I was dazzled with the 5 year 125000mile warranty. However what they don't say, is the price of dealer servicing and that they won't even think of honouring the warranty unless you use Isuzu servicing! I do 24000 miles a year so that means 2 services, one big£600+and one small £370+. So lets say £1000 a year to service!!!!! Am I being over sensitive and that is a reasonable sum?? Ford rangers have a 20,000 mile servicing interval and their services are only £300 small and £360 large.
    Isuzu uk do a service plan of £499+vat for its first 3 services.