Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Shops near or in Weston Super Mare ?

Gun Shops near or in Weston Super Mare ?

Hi guys, as from tomorrow evening I am being fed and watered in a Hotel in Weston S Mare for a week.
    I have my wife and dog in tow so after the second day I reckon I might be crawling up the wall.
    I have been told I may be able to walk to Cardiff if the weather is right !!! but apart from that I was wondering what else I might find interesting to do whilst there.
    Does anybody know of any gun shops within reasonable distance that I could chance upon while out for a ride or walk with the wife ?
    I suppose I'll get a bit of the Jeremy Kyle show, while I wait for my wife to get ready to go out, but I don't intend to stay in much this time.
    I have noticed that I have never seen anybody on his shows from the West Country, do they lock all the gates at the exits of those counties

Mendip shooting ground have a shop worth visiting, you will be alright there at this time of year as all the northeners have gone home!

Atb
    Cal

Ivythorn Sporting at Street. the missus can go outlet shopping at the same time
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

You'll only be a couple of junctions down from me Eddy, give us a shout if you get bored!

New Avon Arms in Gordano, might occupy you for 30mins, Litts in Newport if your bored to tears. Sportsman at Exeter could be worth a trip, otherwise cannot think of anything in Bristol, complete wasteland for decent gun shops.

Better off trying to arange a meet with the Somerset members on the site, have a search on the social/events section for some likely ruffians!!

D

could always come to my shop! Braces Shooting Bristol

Quote Originally Posted by danimal View Post
    could always come to my shop! Braces Shooting Bristol
    Went there once and you wanted 28 for a box of 85gr .243 bullets, I got them elsewhere for 21.00 so from that alone I don't think I'll bother.
    Thanks for all the other tips, apart from Godano, I already knew about them and thanks for the invite Alex.
    I was lucky to find you last time, I only remembered the name you'd mentioned a few times in the past and didn't have a clue as to whether that was you house name, street name or even a disrict so just took pot luck and ended up outside a house with a Jersey number plate vehicle on the drive and Bingo ! I was there, but still wouldn't know my way there again !!

PS. I forgot to add, I did get a very good leather rifle sling fom Braces of Bristol for a very good price of 45.00, real good leather work.
    Looking at the weather, I reckon I will end up watching more day time telly than is good for me.

Be good too see you Eddy if you want too come bit further West one day. Quite a few Reds about at present that want thinning out. Even lend you a good old trad. Rem 700. for hour or two.....
    AC.

Quote Originally Posted by shortshot View Post
    Be good too see you Eddy if you want too come bit further West one day. Quite a few Reds about at present that want thinning out. Even lend you a good old trad. Rem 700. for hour or two.....
    AC.
    I have often thought about you and yours but having had so much 'corporate entertainment' from you in the past, have felt guilty about getting in touch in case you thought I was after something !!
    I am sure I'd enjoy your company more when on my own so not this time but maybe later on.
    I hope you are all keeping well.

As already mentioned new avon arms near Gordano is the closest, thats who I tend to use..I think Ivythorn shooting have a range so you can have a play as well.