I need reasons

User00003

ok guys,

I have the following: .22LR, .223, .243, 6.5x55, 30-06

however I've seen another .243 I want to restore desperately - how do I convince my FLO this is a good idea without giving up my existing .243:confused: ..say I want it for NV, but then never buy NV?...suss..

ideas?

PKL

Are you a member of a club? Put it down for target until you get it restored?

same as csl
i used to have 3 .243's one was rem ack imp 26" long range fox, one is my styer scout still have it for small deer other was target varmint barrel for shooting highpower out to 6 hundread
set in a AICS stock
good reasion is the name of the game i told them i wished to load one type of case ? 30 cal
i now have
sako .308
shorty .243
17 hmr
2x.22
25-06
7.62! t4
just make it bright and gay!:rofl:
but if you wish to go down the nv i have a new unused N550 808 laser light for shooting plus 200yrds ,inc battery pack and yukon vid screen for sale

Last edited:
'right then lads - clubs near edinburgh city or Jedburgh/Kelso/Hawick that are easy and cheap to join with no BS?

One for use moderated and one unmoderated?:) As its a restoration I assume it's wooden stocked and un screwcut

same reason I got my .222 for fox/deer when I have a .243 fox/deer

"one is NV but I still want it for deer" ...."oh..OK then"

I have .17HMR/.17M2/.22lr/.22WMR, .222, .243, .270, (and technically .270, .270 ......I like .270's!)

Personally i am with the firearms team you have two many guns that do the same job you only need a .22 and the 6.5 all else is just for posing.:scared:

Personally i am with the firearms team you have two many guns that do the same job you only need a .22 and the 6.5 all else is just for posing.:scared:

I sit across from you and I have to say I agree. The .223 and the .243 are already only 0.020" apart and are too much like each other... but I wouldn't allow anything else but the .22 and a .243. There's no real reason for having any more than that according our wall chart and the Home Office rules as I read them.

Ps.st! 6P Just out of interest... Why would you allow the metric size, I thought our deer were imperial?

I sit across from you and I have to say I agree. The .223 and the .243 are already only 0.020" apart and are too much like each other... but I wouldn't allow anything else but the .22 and a .243. There's no real reason for having any more than that according our wall chart and the Home Office rules as I read them.

Ps.st! 6P Just out of interest... Why would you allow the metric size, I thought our deer were imperial?

'no real reason for having them' !!! JEEZ, what about enjoyment and appreciation of firearms! you fella's comments are not helpful in supporting the concept of freedom and rights to gun ownership, AT ALL - LOL....

IMHO people should be allowed to own a damn arsenal if they were deemed fit and proper for gun ownership, who cares if you have 1 or 1000; if they're stored safely...it makes NO difference...again, one of the reasons it's almost impossible to buy products at decent prices in the UK with lots of choice, because we're restricted to the point where it's not actually worthwile an industry! if you support the industry, you cannot have that argument, surely.

Last edited:
If you are to use one gun for fox and deer the 6.5 is recommend as the all in one gun.

Too wee for boar though.

I've just checked the charts again too and I see we do an imperial version of the 6.5 called .264" They do it in winmag.

What's a winmag? Is that short for wind magnet?

If you are to use one gun for fox and deer the .270 is recommend as the all in one gun.

there. fixed it for you. :D

Tom how could you!?
.223 and .243 are stoatally different beasts...and I am standing by my story to the FLO.

anyway, my .243 was leaving muckle big holes in the greens at the golf course!

I am still choosing my .30/.40 cal for boar.
Feel I should man up and get something with a bigger tube

ok guys,

I have the following: .22LR, .223, .243, 6.5x55, 30-06

however I've seen another .243 I want to restore desperately - how do I convince my FLO this is a good idea without giving up my existing .243:confused: ..say I want it for NV, but then never buy NV?...suss..

ideas?

PKL
the night vision one will work one for day one for night thats good reason for the 2 243

Back