Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain rain and more rain

Rain rain and more rain

Is it ever going to stop,lost 2 consecutive days work ,would imagine most rivers are going to burst there banks

Our town was swamped this morning... rain gushing out of all the drains

wettest year I can remember.....game crop flooded and u/s
    (two previous years like a dustbowl)
    forest rides flooded, need an amphib. not a 4x4
    outdoor workers sympathy
    flooded houses...disaster

The wee bridge i made on one of the permission had simpley been washed away!! found some reminants of it further down. Obviously my joinery skills aint up to scratch!! but just in general the water table is very high! the ground i am talking about is totally soden pretty much un stalkable at the moment except from high seats!!

bloody hot here in norfolk, dust in my eyes oh wait a minute thats mud,
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    The wee bridge i made on one of the permission had simpley been washed away!! found some reminants of it further down. Obviously my joinery skills aint up to scratch!! but just in general the water table is very high! the ground i am talking about is totally soden pretty much un stalkable at the moment except from high seats!!
    A tip to stop bridges being washed away.

Dont dig them in, only anchor one corner to the bank so the bridge will wash to the side. Only do able with a moveable sized bridge though.

you boys moan and complain, we in scotland have it like you today 300+ days a year..

It's actually a cracking day here today, blue sky

If we haven't had enough rain already it's lashing down again

On a rough shoot today , rained whilst we had our normal fry up breakfast in the local cabin, rained whilst we got on our wet gear (my nomad gear still wet from friday's stalking trip) rained all morning, raining while we crossed the slightly swollen stream just after dinner to shoot the afternoon drives !! Finished earlier than normal as it was still raining !! Upon reaching the earlier slightly swollen stream we found it was now a serious torrent of very cold dirty looking water, noramlly 2" deep it was now 2' Not wanting to risk the dogs we picked them up and carried them over(we were inside a deer fenced compound and the swing gate was only yards away) Not had my boots filled to the tops for years LOL Guess what ? it was raining all the way home and it still is now. I give up....... even if it is a nice day tomorrow the deer deserve a day off from me chasing them about as they are in it 24/7