things my well be looking up.

bobjs

I underwent a few exams today for a position at south west trains,

Took the tests at Southampton BTP, and passed them all.

hoping to get 1 of 2 jobs working on the diesel engines at Salisbury Depot.

I have made the last 3 so 2 jobs i hope im not the odd man out. could do with the job to get back on my feet, roll on the final interviews.

bob. :)

Good luck Bob :thumb:

You don't know anything about spill timing Ferguson tractor engines by any chance do you? :D

Good luck Bob :thumb:

You don't know anything about spill timing Ferguson tractor engines by any chance do you? :D

cant be that hard to fix,

there are a few mods and/or help topics on how to adjust the injection timing on a mechanical diesel injection for ferguson TE20 tractors,

this any good,

bob.

"Spill" timing:
To check and/or adjust the injection timing on a mechanical diesel injection pump: The method will be slightly different depending on the age of the engine. For older diesels, its possible to remove the delivery valve, which greatly simplifies the tools needed. New diesel pumps however, often are phased at the factory, so removing the delivery valve can disturb the phasing of the individual pump plungers. You will need a pressurized fuel supply to overcome the valve pressure.

1) Remove the injector lines and protect them from dirt. Also cap the injectors for the same reason.

2) Take an old injector line, bend it in a 180 degree loop and cut the end off at a 45 degree angle. This homemade spill tube will allow you to see the drops of fuel coming out much easier.

3) At this point, if you have an older engine, remove the delivery valve (dv) from the top of the # 1 injector plunger but reinstall the threaded outlet.

4) Install the spill tube on the # 1 injection pump outlet. With the dv removed, flow fuel into the injection pump inlet. Rotate the engine by hand in the normal direction of rotation until you see fuel flowing continuously out the spill tube.

5) Slowly continue turning until the fuel slows to a trickle and starts to drip. When the drips stop, or are more than 5 seconds apart, stop turning the engine and look at the timing marks on the flywheel. Read off the injection timing off the scale. The stopping of the fuel flow marks the moment when the pump fill port is closed by the injector plunger (end of the filling stage) and the commencement of injection.
6) If you have kept the dv installed, you will need to pressurize the injection pump fill galleries with a small hand or electric pump. This forces the delivery valve open and allow fuel to spill. Continue from step 5 above.

good luck Bob

hi Tony

thanks buddy.could do with a job Tony. i can't keep selling my rifles or ill have to borrow one of yours soon,

PS: Steve collected his ticket and his new 222 today, so looks like i have some work todo with this one too.

love to Sue.

regards

bob.

Thank you All so much, very kind indeed, :tiphat:

Great news Bob, fingers are crossed for you :thumb:
How you fixed for friday the 30th ?

Neil. :)

Hi Neial thank you,

Anyway ill confirm that date for you asap. i think the project that i was doing will be done and dusted by then so it may be a good day for a meet up.

bob.

Good luck Bob. Hope you get the job and still get the time to do all the helpful stuff you do on here :).

fraser

cheers big man,

to good a site to leave ( but i bet there is a few that would not miss me :) ) And ill always be here to help anyone who needs it (if i can).

bob.

Back