Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki vitara?

Suzuki vitara?

Anyone use one of these? What are they like? Been looking at one or a RAV4?

Also thought about a jimny but they are a bit g4y looking.

The off-roading will be pretty basic, snow and driving round fields ect. Nothing major.

Or anything similar that I could find cheap would be good. Looked for some Fourtrak's as well but they seem to all have a massive milage.

Cheers!

My mates got one and thats what we use dor lamping never had a problem off road with it

Go for it if its in good condition.Had mine 4 years. Good little off roader.
    Quote Originally Posted by filzee View Post
    My mates got one and thats what we use dor lamping never had a problem off road with it

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    Anyone use one of these? What are they like? Been looking at one or a RAV4?

Also thought about a jimny but they are a bit g4y looking.

The off-roading will be pretty basic, snow and driving round fields ect. Nothing major.

Or anything similar that I could find cheap would be good. Looked for some Fourtrak's as well but they seem to all have a massive milage.

Cheers!
    had 5 over the year and i hope to keep having them,

1 . was 413 probably the best 4x4 of its kind and size out of the box EVER.

2 . was a 1.6 petrol soft top sold to a chap on AHP and he still has it.

3 . was another 1.6 petrol and its now in wales with my good mate Paul.

4 . was a 20l Diesel auto and Cadex up in scotland has that one.

and number 5 is below, 1.6 16 valve petrol auto with auto locking hubs and has as yet to let me down, they are cracking wee trucks as is the jimny if your a small guy, they have the biggest windows i have come across on any normal 4x4, lack a wee bit in ground clearance but that can be sorted, parts are not the bad second hand price wise.

a wee bit thirsty if in 4x4 mode for long periods.

this is my current one and i love it, made a shelf for the back that holds the rifles above the blood tray, fitted a led lamp in the back so i can see what im doing when out lamping etc,

.Attachment 21747
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Suggest you look at the thread on best 4x4's on this site.

I have a 2ltr V6 auto which cost me 750 with 60k miles on it. Superb bit of kit, reliable and with good tyres will go places you would not dream of taking it. Nice wide rear bumber to stand on whilst resting rifle on roof. Starts first time despite being left outside for weeks, stunning heater which takes only minutes to warm up. Mines v thirsty approx 20 mpg but I do so few miles in it and lots are off road. Fully comp insurance is about 275. Easy to service DIY and robust. Lots in scrappers so bits not difficult to find.

better than a tin of beans

D

Had a couple of Jimny's, great vehicles which are really good off road. With just a modest amount of tweaking you can use them for serious off roading. However I am 6'1" and you would not want to be any taller than me to drive one.

Then I bought a 1.6 Grand Vitara, such comfort and luxury after the Jimny! It needs a small lift, which will be done next year (hopefully), and it will then be perfect for all my shooting needs. Great vehicles, reliable and parts are not expensive these days if you do need anything. I love mine.

Simon

Cheers guys! Sounds like the vitara is a good shout then! I'm 6'3 so maybe the Jimny would be too small anyway. Only thing that's putting me off is the fuel consumption but that's because I'm used to running around in a wee car,(get 68mpg ).

Cyres, how did you find one for 750?? I thought min would be around a couple of grand?

Thanks again for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    had 5 over the year and i hope to keep having them,

1 . was 413 probably the best 4x4 of its kind and size out of the box EVER.

2 . was a 1.6 petrol soft top sold to a chap on AHP and he still has it.

3 . was another 1.6 petrol and its now in wales with my good mate Paul.

4 . was a 20l Diesel auto and Cadex up in scotland has that one.
    and number 5 is below, 1.6 16 valve petrol auto with auto locking hubs and has as yet to let me down, they are cracking wee trucks as is the jimny if your a small guy, they have the biggest windows i have come across on any normal 4x4, lack a wee bit in ground clearance but that can be sorted, parts are not the bad second hand price wise.

a wee bit thirsty if in 4x4 mode for long periods.

this is my current one and i love it, made a shelf for the back that holds the rifles above the blood tray, fitted a led lamp in the back so i can see what im doing when out lamping etc,

.Attachment 21747

Best 4x4 iv ever had for proper off roading, put my Nissan Pathfinder to shame, its so small and light.
    17 years old and its still going strong - other than the gearbox which whines a bit and I constantly expect to blow up but just keeps on going.

For shooting and lamping I think there unbeatable.

When the old girl eventually gives up the ghost I will be having another in a flash.

Only problem I know about is the plastic rear door grip breaking off if you are a bit hamfisted otherwise a good basic vehicle.
    Martin

Purchased mine off a back of a car transporter, was been taken away from my neighbour so did a cash deal there and then. Its a N reg and I am 6' 2". FSH, new tyres battery and alternator so quite a good deal when cf to a pair of leica RF bins which were the next purchase!!

Get a diesel if you can.

D