Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rattling Ruger sorted

Wink Rattling Ruger sorted

My old 22/250 Ruger mk2 vt had seen better days. I made the decision to re barrel it with a Bergara barrel and have the action blue printed. The barrel and blue printing was done by Tony and Julie in East Whitburn in their works shop. I went out last night to have a look at it before it went for proofing. Well it looks a right piece of kit and the action is as smooth as. when locking the bolt it is crisp and positive unlike the old set up where it was very vague. Iam well impressed with the work and cant wait until the guns back. The barrel is 1in9 and is fluted it looks great. The old .308 is booked in for a revamp aswell it was also be fitted with a bergara barrel and the action fixed. When the 22 is back I will put up a photo of what it looks like and maybe a photo of how it shoots. Bye Bye rattling Rugers cheers Hootsman
    Just Shoot The F..king Thing!

About time too hootsman i thought you were cold an your teeth were rattling when we are out now i no it was your rifle. good stuff wont be long till its back then.

ATB

cheers kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Theres nae Rattle now lol, Three to four weeks Kev. I am bloody missing it to be honest I didnt think I would but its handy for round about the doors. I was looking at 75 grain heads last night for it. I cant wait to see what kind of knock down it has when its pushing they bad boys. Iam not puting the .308 in until we are back form the Hinds but the barrel is sitting for it I had a wee look at it last night. Cheers Hootsman

Here was me thinking it was your auld bones that were rattling mate , I can't wait to see how it shoots with the 75's

It iz the auld bones aswell lol. I cant wait they are running in the barrel for me aswell cheers Hootsman

Please keep us updated, i am keen to know how the Bergara shoots.
    Thanks.

yorkie.

I will Yorkie. I have a lot of 63grain sierras to shoot out of it first I hope it likes them cheers Hootsman

Quote Originally Posted by Hootsman View Post
    Theres nae Rattle now lol, Three to four weeks Kev. I am bloody missing it to be honest I didnt think I would but its handy for round about the doors. I was looking at 75 grain heads last night for it. I cant wait to see what kind of knock down it has when its pushing they bad boys. Iam not puting the .308 in until we are back form the Hinds but the barrel is sitting for it I had a wee look at it last night. Cheers Hootsman
    looking forword to the hinds cant wait to see you doing the deer dance again.It will be like the day you got your first buck.

The deer dance is coming up bud. A week on Wed cant wait its came round quick. Hootsman will be busting some moves lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hootsman View Post
    The deer dance is coming up bud. A week on Wed cant wait its came round quick. Hootsman will be busting some moves lol
    along as it not like a dad dancing at a wedding