Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why why why

Why why why

Why do people hide there face when in a picture ?? Is it because people are ashamed of what they have done ? there not Breaking the law ?

Answer please

Gadget

I will tell you why I'm a little careful of my real name and details when online:

BBC News - Man found guilty of Geoff Kerr murder

This chap shot with me at a local gun club and someone killed him trying to get at his guns. So, while I'm not a big fan of paranoia as the only people to suffer are often the ones who are paranoid rather than the ones who might present a danger none the less I think it does no harm when on an open forum to be careful about your personal details.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    Why do people hide there face when in a picture ?? Is it because people are ashamed of what they have done ? there not Breaking the law ?

Answer please

Gadget
    I don't - I'm not ashamed of what I've done/do.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Deer fighting super heroes in the style of 'Kick Ass'?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kick-ass.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	21771

Presumably they'd be called 'Shoot Deer'?

a few will want to be anonymous so their friends can't call BS on them when they talk big on the forum - LOL

I had a discussion along these lines with a friend of mine about posting hunting pics on Facebook. I do post pics from time to time, whereas he is more discrete about his hunting. His point was obviously that some people take offence at seeing a dead animal, which is fair comment. However, my view is that people only have these feelings of disgust because they are so far removed from the natural world and all the processes involved in getting meat on their tables. People are not born with this disgust, it is something which is learnt through ignorance. My point was that a) I am not ashamed of what we do; b) maybe there would be less support for the ďantiĒ movement if more of us were open about what we do and took the time to explain to people the reasons why we do it, along the necessity behind all forms of pest control.

What does get to me is when I post pics of a successful nights ratting, not a single person comments that the actions of killing a rat are in anyway cruel or unjustified, but when the quarry gets larger, suddenly peopleís perceptions of your actions change dramatically. Itís this sort of selective animal rights which gets right up my arse! Itís also this sort of ignorance that I think weshould all do more to correct in the general public or at least friends and family.
    Last edited by HuN73R666; 22-11-2012 at 14:31.

I would rather remain anonymous on an open forum, and although there is a sporting or enjoyable element in doing something well or effectively, I wouldn't shy from trophy pictures, or pictures of various pests of game taken, but the difference is with the former they are for my personal enjoyment as a personal record, and with the latter it is merely evidence for the landowner only, to show the results.

I would derive no pleasure whatever from posting these pictures on a public forum, and would not do so, yet I see the argument of educating the public regarding the reality, and understand and support people that wish to do this, but I'm afraid it's not something I would do myself, I'd rather keep my anonymity, and my activities to myself.

BTW I am involved in putting video of Target Shooting on the web, but only in-house for my Gun Club, to allow Coaches and Shooters of all ages to analyse and improve their shooting.

Very good argument HuN73R666. Take the argument to the logical conclusion, and who doesn't swat/spray/zap flies in their home?

I do not hide the fact that I shoot - what I am careful about is openly admitting to having firearms in the house. I know the two are linked, but a tangible aid to firearm security is that the least people know they are there, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post

Answer please

Gadget
    personally I don't take trophy pictures with me in the picture. its not about me. its about the trophy
    nothing wrong with it, just not for me.

as for sticking photos online....I just don't do it.
    I am constantly harangued by friends on Facebook who want to see pictures of my kids......NOT HAPPENING

funny story but a friend of mine mocked up a driving licence of someone in her office including a scanned copy of his signature and a passport appropriate photo of him to demonstrate how stupid he had been with some of the stuff on his "social networking" sites

I once tried to commit e-suicide, but found that I couldn't let go of the SD, so it's the last and only thing I have left 'online' these days ..fine with me