Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulsar 550 alternatives/suggestions.......?

Pulsar 550 alternatives/suggestions.......?

Hi all,

Thinking off getting a used n550 should be around 750 ish..... But I was wondering are there any possible nv alternatives out there worth a look, used or otherwise in the same sort of region...?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocker101 View Post
    Hi all,

Thinking off getting a used n550 should be around 750 ish..... But I was wondering are there any possible nv alternatives out there worth a look, used or otherwise in the same sort of region...?

Cheers
    Which part of Devon are you in? I can show you some NV kit (don't have a 550 though) if you'd like to see what more bucks would buy you. The next step up from a 550 would probably be a s/h Envis (expect to pay 1400-ish), and after that a s/h PVS-14 (expect to pay 2200-ish).

Thanks, I'm near only a few minutes from Exmouth...

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocker101 View Post
    Thanks, I'm near only a few minutes from Exmouth...
    I'm between Tiverton and South Molton, so it'd be a fair hike for you - about an hour, if you went up the M5 and then took the North Devon link road.

Thanks for the offer, a bit far for me tho.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Which part of Devon are you in? I can show you some NV kit (don't have a 550 though) if you'd like to see what more bucks would buy you. The next step up from a 550 would probably be a s/h Envis (expect to pay 1400-ish), and after that a s/h PVS-14 (expect to pay 2200-ish).
    Where do you buy these bits of kit?

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Where do you buy these bits of kit?
    You watch the ads on shooting websites...

I've been looking at Envis kit on Nordatlantic USA website. Impressive looking stuff. Why haven't we heard more about this gear and where can we find out more?

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I've been looking at Envis kit on Nordatlantic USA website. Impressive looking stuff. Why haven't we heard more about this gear and where can we find out more?
    You aren't allowed to export it from the USA, so it's very hard to get hold of over here.

pity you cant make it up to see paddy i do a bit in the gun shop at chawleigh and his name comes up whenever nv is mentioned , i actually mounted a very nice set up he sourced on friday !