Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what stalking trousers (must be very waterproof)

what stalking trousers (must be very waterproof)

Hi Guys

my deerhunter trousers have started to leak in, so i will be needing a new pair what would you recommend

need to be robust/quiet/and very waterproof

ATB

Dave

I am very fond of my Arktis Endurance trousers. They are not as quiet as the fleece based trousers but are definately as waterproof and breathable. The pockets are better designed than Deerhunter/Rivers West/Seeland etc trousers too.

Simon

Harkila Prohunter. Use mine all year in all weather

Im not so convinced on harkila gear, my pro hunters have been returned as have a friend of mines, granted, they have been replaced, but I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as truly waterproof and breathable, you inevitably get damp on areas of high pressure, ie, your bum in the high seat or knees when kneeling. This was one of my reasons for returning mine, that and the zip failed. I have also returned some harkila boots for not being waterproof, overall I think their gear is over priced and people defend to the hilt the new bit of kit they bought which cost them lots because they don't want to admit to being slightly disappointed........ok, could just be me, but just my experience and opinion.

Whatever you settle on (Or in), everything will have a plus & a minus side, It's just a case of finding what suits your needs closest!......... As previously stated, by many on here , nothing is perfect. It's a bit like advertising when working for yourself, If I knew which portion of my Ad outlay was working the best I would be a millionaire!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

When you find a pair Dave let me know. It's my holy grail to find some decent trousers. Settled on all my other kit bar trousers
    atb Steve

I use a pair of Gill over trousers when the weathers really bad - they're designed for sailing in really bad conditions and not stalking but no water will ever get through them! They are dark blue and don't rustle, were about 45 quid from force 4 in Lymington, they have a website but I can't seem to find them on it,

Oli

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Im not so convinced on harkila gear, my pro hunters have been returned as have a friend of mines, granted, they have been replaced, but I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as truly waterproof and breathable, you inevitably get damp on areas of high pressure, ie, your bum in the high seat or knees when kneeling. This was one of my reasons for returning mine, that and the zip failed. I have also returned some harkila boots for not being waterproof, overall I think their gear is over priced and people defend to the hilt the new bit of kit they bought which cost them lots because they don't want to admit to being slightly disappointed........ok, could just be me, but just my experience and opinion.
    Fair enough, mine have been excellent. The harkila roe sack I bought at the same time on the other hand is absolute c@@p with a strap breaking on the second time it was used and the padding coming adrift on the back

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Harkila Prohunter. Use mine all year in all weather
    + 1, light weight, warm in the winter not too warm in the summer.

I have Lakson trousers the "Sika" ones I think. Had them 3 years very waterproof and very warm. I also have a Lakson jacket and I like that as much.
    Tusker