Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a good case / slip

Recommend me a good case / slip

Okay so I've booked myself and a mate some Scottish hill stalking , but I need a good case to carry my rifle around in , any recomendations ?
    Cheers lads

Is this a hard case for transport or a slip type case for carrying the rifle up the hill?

If it is a hard case you are looking you might want to talk with a company local to you that makes flight cases for musical instruments. They will be well used to making all sorts of custom sized cases and will build it to your spec. Off the shelf stuff might be less expensive, and might do as good a job, but the custom facility can be handy.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Blog Entries
    My favourite case is my Webtex Sniper case. It has plenty of other storage, a shoulder strap and also 2 shoulder straps to be worn as a backpack. Padding and waterproofing are superb.

Its not expensive, its very versatile and I find myself reaching for it again and again. The olive green matches Sealand and Barbour green shades very well if that matters to you.

Like this: http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/webtex_sn...tedItem=552734
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

I've often wondered . Is it a law that requires you guys to carry your rifles in a "slip" as you call it while you are hunting ?

Is one not allowed to carry the rifle outside a case in this situation ?

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    I've often wondered . Is it a law that requires you guys to carry your rifles in a "slip" as you call it while you are hunting ?

Is one not allowed to carry the rifle outside a case in this situation ?
    In upland stalking it's usual to carry the rifle in a slip to protect it should you slip and fall, and to keep it dry in the frequently bloody awful Scottish weather. It's then carried unloaded and a cartridge only inserted justbefore taking a shot, so it's a safety thing too. But in lowland stalking, people usually carry the rigle on a sling with a round in the chamber and the safety on. Shots are a shorter ranges and with less time to prepare. So no, it's not a legal requirement when stalking. But it is when in transit and public places.

Napier Protector 1 Stalker Rifle Slip Secure, it has slot to fit a steel cable to, a zip pocket and has sufficient room for a scoped rifle with a bipod fitted.atb Tim

get one and get the best

aim drag bags are awesome

give us apm if you want more details
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

+1 for AIM
    They even have room for a couple of hinds if your successful.

Country covers padded slip works well for me .
    Norma

Aim!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!