Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The savage has landed

The savage has landed

Just picked up my Savage 111g 25-06 this afternoon. Ive got the chamber measured. Ill make up some loads tonight and see how it goes over the weekend, 110grn accu-bonds, fed gold match prime and IMR 4007ssc starting load 47grn.... Once I get it dressed of-course with my VXR.

nutty
    Last edited by nuttyspaniel; 23-11-2012 at 23:42.

Nutty , just got a vxr myself , what one have you got ? And how do you find it ? Good luck with the new rifle

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    Just picked up my Savage 111g 25-06 this afternoon. Ive got the chamber measured. Ill make up some loads tonight and see how it goes over the weekend, 110grn accu-bonds, fed gold match prime and IMR 4007ssc starting load 46grn.... Once I get it dressed of-course with my VXR.

nutty
    Boy am I glad, my ears might get a rest from all the moaning now Have fun Nutty and hope the clover leaf arrives quickly to let you get out on the deer. Catch you soon

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    Nutty , just got a vxr myself , what one have you got ? And how do you find it ? Good luck with the new rifle

Ive got the 3-9x50, Im a bit biased towards Leupy's but I love it, though I do prefer the VXL.

nutty

Ive loaded batches of 4 from 47grns in 3 grn increments to 49.4 and seated 20 thou back of the lands. Fingers crossed..

nutty

Well I have heard so much about it too, but where are the photo's? it had best shoot as well as the Browning did.

ATB

Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Well I have heard so much about it too, but where are the photo's? it had best shoot as well as the Browning did.

ATB

Tahr
    Its going to be better than the Browning mate. Ill not post any photo's up yet, just to tease you a bit more.....

nutty

My Long Range Hunter is an amazing rifle. I hope your 25-06 shoots as well.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    My Long Range Hunter is an amazing rifle. I hope your 25-06 shoots as well.~Muir

Muir Im more than happy with it just need to take pilot error out........

nutty

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    Muir Im more than happy with it just need to take pilot error out........

nutty
    Good luck with the new toy Nutty and the home loads. Keep us all informed of your progress/first kill.

Kind regards Jimbo