Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe in the wet

Roe in the wet

Just add a week in the wet stalking roe, red only seen two roe all week.where do they go in the wet to feed etc.

The roe on one of my permissions don't mind the rain..........as for the stalker that's a different story

Jonathon

Only time I'll ever sit in the rain anymore is if I have a one day permit on the Blackwater NWR for Sika . If I'm at home the rain means stay inside !
    Used to hunt rain or shine , but I got over doing that except in the circumstances mentioned .

Now snow is a whole different ballgame , I ALWAYS wanna hunt when it's snowing or if here's snow on the ground .

I am in a syndicate in SW Scotland and we have found of late that the sightings of Roes has definitely been down and we wondered if this was down to the wet weather and the fact the vegatation is still growing a still lush. By coincidence I was talking to a park maanger this week and she was saying that they are doing the last cut on the grass in Novemeber where as only a few years ago this would have been late September. she suspects this is down to wet summers and milder Autumns

I have a question to you guys who are not seeing deer , are you stalking early mornings and late on till dark? on different ground in scotland i have found that the deer are moving later on in the day . This is usually when it gets real cold and frosty but since this years rut the ground i go on its been from 11am till mid afternoon for whatever reason. I often stay out all day just to find out at what times they have been moving . At home its been the opposite the deer have been moving in dark and as soon as the lights up they head back off into the woods, Its hard going at home as all the scrub is still up so it makes for difficult stalking in the woods but managed another doe last week,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Only time I'll ever sit in the rain anymore is if I have a one day permit on the Blackwater NWR for Sika . If I'm at home the rain means stay inside !
    Used to hunt rain or shine , but I got over doing that except in the circumstances mentioned .

Now snow is a whole different ballgame , I ALWAYS wanna hunt when it's snowing or if here's snow on the ground .
    if you dont like rain dont come to the uk its been tipping it down for weeks rain and floods. dont go out myself in the rain got to old for that getting wets young mans sport.

Hi moonstone you have to get out when the sun comes out .plenty of roe. was out last saturday with a friend he shot two does just as the sun came out. The deer when they get the oppertunity are out feeding must be putting on the fat for the winter. I am seeing Roe all the time walking the dogs going to work & comeing home .But it is still pissing it down

Big dog. Yes we've been out before first light and a couple of hours before dark. MeresIde may have a good point as I have been told one of the lads took a doe at around 2.00 last Saturday.

They do come out in the rain,its just that we dont!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rain Roe.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	21812

I was out Thursday night lamping foxes in the p###ing rain and saw several deer. Three were sitting down in the middle of the field and the other were in the margins.

Always taken the attitude that they have to eat, sleep and poop - rain, sleet and snow.