Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you enjoy stalking?

Where do you enjoy stalking?

Been looking at all my write ups for all my days stalking this year and a few stick out but was just wondering where you guys prefer to stalk? Like open hill, forestry , farm land, open woodland, forestry blocks with clear fells and any other?

Me personally I really enjoyed my visits up to Inverness with JRoe it's open woodland where every step opens up another line of sight and all the times I have been up there's never been much wind so it's been a really hard and rewarding stalks if successful.

Anyone wish to share there favourite place? No need for location just interested.

David

In Scotland, any scattered woodland that breaks out onto open hill where you can stalk to vantage points to glass for the reds sika and roe.

In England any mature woodland around Thetford full of munties because munties bashing is the shizzle and you can pick them up!! When you slot reds it usually ends up with some degree of pain and suffering afterwards. You can fit two munties in a roe sack!

definatly the wide open hills in Scotland on cold clear days

I enjoy all forms of stalking as I'm sure everyone does like park, woodland and the open hill. I love being on the fells in Cumbria as I havn't been to Scotland yet on the hills. Each place llike mentioned brings its own pleasures and rewards and experiance.
    But lately it has to be up in Dumfries and Galloway around Solway for me due to my record etc...

Any new permissions , even if they are next to existing ones and no matter how many deer are present .They are all different. I have great memories of stalking with a couple people off this site in stunning areas of this wonderful island but i must get my ass in gear and book another trip to scotland it took my breath away last time and the people were fantastic.

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    Not Scotland. Cross the border and every blood sucking evil starts to stalk you. The stalking is far too easy as well, and it's always so hot and sunny, could do with some decent scenery as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Springer View Post
    Not Scotland. Cross the border and every blood sucking evil starts to stalk you. The stalking is far too easy as well, and it's always so hot and sunny, could do with some decent scenery as well.
    Our women aren't vampires.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    definatly the wide open hills in Scotland on cold clear days
    +1 cant beet open hill i like glassing for deer then the whole stalk in to them.

canny whack it.

ATB kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

It's got to be Scotland for me especially the Isle of Arran I absirlutley love it there.