LED Pocket Torch, Suggestions please?

I think it was the singing stalker of this forum who posted a while back about ordering LED torches from China off ebay. They looked exactly like the ones you can buy here for £100+ but he bought some for not much more than a tenner, if I remember right, and was very pleased with them. I think others also followed his lead with no complaints. Worth running a search to see what you can come up with.

I have a Fenix TK15 and am very pleased with it - small but lots of light on full beam with a run time over an hour and a decent usable low setting that will run for about a week on a battery.

Thanks Caorach, ile check it out !
I think it was the singing stalker of this forum who posted a while back about ordering LED torches from China off ebay. They looked exactly like the ones you can buy here for £100+ but he bought some for not much more than a tenner, if I remember right, and was very pleased with them. I think others also followed his lead with no complaints. Worth running a search to see what you can come up with.

I have a Fenix TK15 and am very pleased with it - small but lots of light on full beam with a run time over an hour and a decent usable low setting that will run for about a week on a battery.

Very hard to beat Fenix - an LD2 has been with me constantly for some 5 years ( lost count ) - hard, hard use. Works when I need it - and I have frequent serious need. That's why - purely personal call - I'd rather deal with
Rob Balzan at Photonshop; the official distributor, a nice guy, knows his stuff every which way and stands squarely behind everything he sells.

But then there's always Ebay & Hong Kong....:british: ;)

Thanks Rotwild have just ordered a green long range one from them,comes in at just under £30 with shipping.Been looking at similar torches here and talking over £100.Am thinking that surely the green light cannot be a lot different from these laser generics in the type of light they throw.green light is green light,maybe wrong but willing to take a punt on it and see at that price

Thanks Rotwild have just ordered a green long range one from them,comes in at just under £30 with shipping.Been looking at similar torches here and talking over £100.Am thinking that surely the green light cannot be a lot different from these laser generics in the type of light they throw.green light is green light,maybe wrong but willing to take a punt on it and see at that price
There excellent lamps, i have the green and red i use mounted on the scope and a white one for spotting,

I prefer headtorches as leaves hands free.

I have seeland cap with LEDs in rim for nearby stuff then I have proper headtorch for more serious stuff

Last edited:
Another vote for the head torch leaving your hands free (Petzl Tikka Plus 2). exceptional battery life.

Rgds Buck.

Back