Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MY first scope?

MY first scope?

Just want some advice on a scope

Seen a Schmidt & Bender zenith 3 - 10 x 50 second hand ,is this a good all round scope for my first deer rifle?

As long as it's in good condition i'd say it should be a good scope for you. Some go for fixed power, but if you have an offer for a variable why not!

Quote Originally Posted by MAIDX75 View Post
    Just want some advice on a scope

Seen a Schmidt & Bender zenith 3 - 10 x 50 second hand ,is this a good all round scope for my first deer rifle?
    if you don't fancy the zenith if you go new zeiss duralyt is worth a look great scope for the money

Rob

cheers for the advice ,is the Duralyt as good as the S & B opticaly ie in low light?

Second hand scopes can be a bit risky, but SB scopes are hard to beat
    And that model is a dead cert good all rounder, whether first scope or tenth.
    Good luck
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

cheers for the advice ,is the Duralyt as good as the S & B opticaly ie in low light?
    Sanb knocks the dirt off he duralyt , no competition .

Depending on the price you are getting the scope for another option might be to go for a second hand fixed 8X56 or 6X42 and spend the money saved on stalking. If you are new to stalking then this might be a better investment.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

No.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

in a nut shell no not even close i know everyone raves on about the duralyt's especially the magazines but there not all there cracked up to be

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    in a nut shell no not even close i know everyone raves on about the duralyt's especially the magazines but there not all there cracked up to be
    Well said. I can't understand why they're so highly rated. Is it just me who can see how fuzzy around the outside of the image through a Duralyt is?