Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: slings getting trapped in cupboard door

  1. #1

    slings getting trapped in cupboard door

    When putting my rifles away (especially late at night) it is always a struggle to get them in without the slings getting caught in the door. The other night whilst packing up I realised that if I hook the sling over the leg of the Bipod then push the bipod release button the spring holds the sling neatly out of the way. happy days.

    Ezzy

  2. #2
    yep all my slings keep getting caught in the door
    have to bend down to sort it (oh my aching back)
    ...................I aint got any bipods on mine...

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Could get quick release swivels and take the slings off.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Could get quick release swivels and take the slings off.
    That's exactly what I thought but didn't post it as it was so obvious.
    I never store my slings inside my cabinet with my rifles anyway as there is more likelyhood
    of damp transferring from the leather to the rifles if stored for any length of time.
    I have a hook on the side of the cabinet and my cabinet is bolted to the wall inside a walnut wardrobe so not on view.

  6. #6
    My rifles are allowed to attain ambient temp after drying with cloth, slings removed,mods removed, all tasks carried out, then moved to safe.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  7. #7
    I just leave it to the servants. No problems for me.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    I just leave it to the servants. No problems for me.
    My servant keeps me well informed of all the proceedings and she is a very good cook too

    PS, don't tell her I said that

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    That's exactly what I thought but didn't post it as it was so obvious.
    I never store my slings inside my cabinet with my rifles anyway as there is more likelyhood
    of damp transferring from the leather to the rifles if stored for any length of time.
    I have a hook on the side of the cabinet and my cabinet is bolted to the wall inside a walnut wardrobe so not on view.
    + 1

  10. #10
    must just be me then they are QR but I never take them off. last thing I can be bothered with at 2 in the morning.

    Ezzy

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Cleaning up the shooting cupboard
    By barongcw in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 13:16
  2. A few quid in the cupboard
    By johngryphon in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-02-2012, 14:24
  3. For Sale Retirement Gun-cupboard equipment downsizing.
    By ecoman in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 13:07
  4. Slings
    By mbp in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-04-2009, 14:53
  5. Slings, what`s out there?
    By basil in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 22:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •