Accreidited witness

MJ75

If there are any genuine, honest AW's on site who understand the word 'integrity' and able to help with level 2 stalks please drop me a PM. I'm in Derbyshire but am prepared to travel.

Those who milk their clients like cash cows or don't honour verbally agreed deals need not bother. :)

Recommend Johnathon Standing in South Lakes - he is in my opinion 100%

Laurie Walton, another good man in Cumbria.

There are quite a number of charlatans in the deer world, perhaps a name and shame list should be posted about dissatisfied experiences throughout the country, people can then form their own opinions and take informed choices on whom to contact with regards to Stalking Availability for Level 2.....

Last edited:

There are quite a number of charlatans in the deer world, perhaps a name and shame list should be posted about dissatisfied experiences throughout the country, people can then form their own opinions and take informed choices on whom to contact with regards to Stalking Availability and Level 2.....
Lets start by clearing the Greenfield 6 ?

I can name at least 3 'good-uns' in Norfolk/Suffolk... Have only DSC'd with one of them, but the others are salt-of-the-earth and I'd not hesitate to recommend them... Holkham, Euston and Bunwell...

If there are any genuine, honest AW's on site who understand the word 'integrity' and able to help with level 2 stalks please drop me a PM. I'm in Derbyshire but am prepared to travel.

Those who milk their clients like cash cows or don't honour verbally agreed deals need not bother. :)

I have a freind just off the A14 £150 the full days stalking (you stop in the wood all day eat lucj up a high seat),no trophy fees,no shot fees,you keep a munty if you get one but the Fallow he keeps,the wright up is £50,you will get at least 2 beast throughout the day,if not more.

I have a freind just off the A14 £150 the full days stalking (you stop in the wood all day eat lucj up a high seat),no trophy fees,no shot fees,you keep a munty if you get one but the Fallow he keeps,the wright up is £50,you will get at least 2 beast throughout the day,if not more.
"delta " ?

The "six" do not have AW's to clear. To become one you have to achieve certain qualifications and have sponsors to put pen to paper on your behalf.
They must be AW's themselves ! DMQ then have the final say. There are many superb AW's in the BDS who will give you more than 100%.
Am I mistaken or are some of these Threads becoming personal ?

So far (7 stalks booked) only good experiences, as all three cancelled Stalks, and didn't charge me, when weather conditions were averse or when they felt no suitable cull animals were available on their land.

There are quite a number of charlatans in the deer world, perhaps a name and shame list should be posted about dissatisfied experiences throughout the country, people can then form their own opinions and take informed choices on whom to contact with regards to Stalking Availability and Level 2.....

A public 'name and shame' list is not such a good idea, why don't candidates simply report their bad experiences to the DMQ.
If candidates are publicly naming 'bad' AW's, then all professional Stalkers are fully entitled to start to publicly name their 'bad' clients. And where does that get us?

The "six" do not have AW's to clear. To become one you have to achieve certain qualifications and have sponsors to put pen to paper on your behalf.
They must be AW's themselves ! DMQ then have the final say. There are many superb AW's in the BDS who will give you more than 100%.
Am I mistaken or are some of these Threads becoming personal ?
My point was that a certain number of stalkers were banned from BDS ground . The committe held a kangaroo court , non of the stalkers were asked or informed of this meeting , or had a chance to defend there actions .Some members received a lifetime ban and were told the committes decision is final .

I was one of those stalkers and even though the Greenfield site has nothing to do with NWBDS it still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth .
If Redmist wants to start to name and shame then lets start from the top .

So far (7 stalks booked) only good experiences, as all three cancelled Stalks, and didn't charge me, when weather conditions were averse or when they felt no suitable cull animals were available on their land.
Amazed someone did not charge you for a service they could not provide?

There appears to be some hidden agenda here (post #12 and #16).

The initial post was a chap who was dissatisfied about his experiences of using an Accredited Witness in the South and asked for recommendations for AW's - which is how I read it.

My post was in direct response to that - naming two people whom I know have provided many others with good service in the past.

I also mentioned that it may be a good idea to have a list or thread to assist others who are going down the Level 2 route of who has and who has not provided good service from personal experiences - this list should be country wide and would provide stalkers with an informed opinion of who to approach for L2 accreditation. One hears of many horror stories from people across the country who have not been happy with their choice of professional guide that it seems sensible to have a list (good or bad).

My post did not refer to anything with regards to a particular forest or any individual previously concerned with that area - (why this has been brought into this thread is beyond me)

Incidentally, the BDS do not hold (as far as I am aware) any lease on any ground and have never done so. They are a charity concerned with conservation, welfare, education and research into Deer, Deer Management education is one of many facets of the organization.

Back