REF: Shooting.sh Syndicate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realtree

Hello guys, It seems there are mixed opinions with regard to syndicates but as a newcomer to deerstalking i am very eager to ensure i have regular shooting/stalking available and recently i have come across shooting.sh sydicates?. For the annual £750.00 it seems they have alot of shooting and stalking areas available but is it too good to be true? As im sure you will all agree shooting rights are very few and far between unless you are fortunate so the sydicate route really seems my only option. I am willing to pay syndicate fees but like most i would like the most return for my money and being new to the world of deer stalking i really am not sure whats good or bad.
All advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Hi Realtree,
Your post are sounding warning bells with me. You are asking the same questions I did four or five years ago mate. Can I suggest that you find yourself a stalker that will not charge you the earth and help you find your way in the stalking world. Believe me they do exsists and will help you. Keep your money in your pocket, slow down and get to know other stalkers, Please!
I only wish I was in the position to help you more, but I'm not. I've done the time though and had the heartache. I still consider myself a novice, but one that has and is still learning by his mistakes.
Tread carefully young Jedi! :lol:

Thanks again.

Guys thanks for your advise, i think i will just have to keep doing the research and have confidence i will find a good stalking guide.
Thanks again.

If its too good to be true, then it generally is too good to be true!!

Check out the guys references first, make sure its in writing what you and he have agreed on and get him/her to sign it, before parting with any money. Make sure he has the right to let any stalking to you, and that you walk the ground with him, also ask to see the copy of his lease.

I started in this business over 25 years ago, and I am amazed at how many people who claim to be professional stalkers there are these days. Most have a small piece of land that has been shot out and charge a fortune. They seem to be like mushrooms these days, go back in the morning and another one has popped up overnight?

God I get really miffed with this carry on all you have to do is ask for references from the operation its been going a long time and membership is steady mainly with members who renew this past 2 months 2 old members re-joined , that speaks volumes about the operation they run a beginners training programme, they have members such as Kieth Poyser a highly respected stalking guy who writes for the shooting time Kieth has been a member for 8 years out of the 11 we have been going, there is also a loyalty scheme in place which drops to 550 after 3 years and it offers value on land that does not have a lot of pressure many of the grounds are with an experienced stalker on a heavily subsidised basis.

So 1. ask for references and speak to the members, don’t listen to piffle and stories from people who have never used us, and yes you run round in circles while all these supportive guys give advice on what a few stories.

makes my blood boil.

BG
Hello guys, It seems there are mixed opinions with regard to syndicates but as a newcomer to deerstalking i am very eager to ensure i have regular shooting/stalking available and recently i have come across shooting.sh sydicates?. For the annual £750.00 it seems they have alot of shooting and stalking areas available but is it too good to be true? As im sure you will all agree shooting rights are very few and far between unless you are fortunate so the sydicate route really seems my only option. I am willing to pay syndicate fees but like most i would like the most return for my money and being new to the world of deer stalking i really am not sure whats good or bad.
All advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

I note the comment from this stalker sikamalc thats fine and there is no problem visiting any of our grounds just phone also ask for references i.e current members would be a good start, its from the horses mouth the grounds are not heavily hit and they have a lot of stuff with professional stalkers as well to look after new or beginners and other ground when your up to speed to go on your own - and any copies of leases are available to view at any time.

BG
If its too good to be true, then it generally is too good to be true!!

Check out the guys references first, make sure its in writing what you and he have agreed on and get him/her to sign it, before parting with any money. Make sure he has the right to let any stalking to you, and that you walk the ground with him, also ask to see the copy of his lease.

I started in this business over 25 years ago, and I am amazed at how many people who claim to be professional stalkers there are these days. Most have a small piece of land that has been shot out and charge a fortune. They seem to be like mushrooms these days, go back in the morning and another one has popped up overnight?

I note the comment from this stalker sikamalc thats fine and there is no problem visiting any of our grounds just phone also ask for references i.e current members would be a good start, its from the horses mouth the grounds are not heavily hit and they have a lot of stuff with professional stalkers as well to look after new or beginners and other ground when your up to speed to go on your own - and any copies of leases are available to view at any time.

BG
broontroot knowone actually knows who you are as you havnt made an intro how can anyone listen if you dont tell us about yourself,atb wayne

and you've resurrected a 5yr old thread, I would imagine realtree has it sorted by now :D

BG
So all the stories I have heard are fabrication then(including a personal experience) like for instance, a guy goes down to devon I think it was to stalk,when he arrives and lets the farmer know, he gets ordered off the land, as shooting .sh had failed to pay any money to the farmer, or how about an aquaintance of mine who went to Macclesfield for a day on the reds,only to be told by the landowner (in no uncertain terms) that if he so much as looked at one of his deer he would be standing in court facing a charge of armed trespass, :scared:or of course then there is always the stories that people tell about north Wales fly fishing school, they make equally confidence inspirig reading also, the man is a joke.

you must be mistaken hornet, there are no reds in Macclesfield.... move along now, nothing to see here :D

broontroot knowone actually knows who you are as you havnt made an intro how can anyone listen if you dont tell us about yourself,atb wayne
Well said mate he might live in Mersyside but I will bet a fiver he speaks with a scottish accent :rofl: oh good gracious, so does Bob glynn

you must be mistaken hornet, there are no reds in Macclesfield.... move along now, nothing to see here :D
I beg to differ old chap, I have in front of me a number from a landowner with a red problem in guess where,well done Macclesfield, and no you cant have it.

I beg to differ old chap, I have in front of me a number from a landowner with a red problem in guess where,well done Macclesfield, and no you cant have it.

Ssshhhh!!! you're not getting it are you.... THERE ARE NO REDS IN MACC ;);)

I still wouldn't mind seeing that list though, just out of interest you understand :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back