Gypsies, a good result

Status
Not open for further replies.

teyhan1

Friend of mine had a good result today.
2wks ago saw some gypsies in his deer park on an estate. When challenged they fled. Strange thing to do if you are genuinely only looking.
Today his co-worker was feeding the deer and spotted them again. Quick radio in, gates locked, entrance blocked and police called.
Although the police couldn't arrest them for deer offences, they did come up with some pretty damning CCTV footage from some other incidences. Strange thing was they were carrying a slingshot and ball bearings, and an empty van!!
3x gypsies arrested pending further investigations.
We now await the fallout :cry:

I can almost hear the gates being lifted and dropped off at the scrappy already

Hope they bring a digger then because it took one to lift them on and there only 25m from his front door.

Also I hope they can run as well as they talk if he lets his dogs go.:rofl:

my bet is they will make your mates life hell from now on , thats how they think a eye for a eye etc , they will proberley cut fences let deer out, set things on fire etc they just dont give a damm.
we had problems and the more we got the plod involed the worse they got !!!!!!!!

nice to see someone stand up tp the scum for a change instead of letting them get away with it incase they do something.keep calling the feds,report gun shots everytime

nice to see someone stand up tp the scum for a change instead of letting them get away with it incase they do something.keep calling the feds,report gun shots everytime
Bet they get away with it what offence have they committed in the park? they never seem to get what they deserve,and i think like 223 said you will have to be on guard for a while.

If you have gypsies camping on your land, it is worth noting that now you can have gypsies evicted within 24hrs. I would recommendusing a bailiff to avoid any personal confrontation, the bailiff serves thenotice and they have to move on within 24hrs, if they don't the bailiffs liaisewith the police and removal vehicles and they are forcefully removed, also theycannot reenter immediately.

I have never had them stay and be forcefully removed they always go on the 11th hour, the cost is normally £200. It gives you piece of mind though you would be amazed at the amount of rubbish and human excrement they can leave in that 24hr period, and remember it is 24 hours from when the notice is served.

Give the man some credit for standing up to these people. What would any of you have done ?? Let them get away with it??

Gypsies .................................. no comment, as it would not be politically correct for me to make a comment on an open forum:evil:

Give the man some credit for standing up to these people. What would any of you have done ?? Let them get away with it??

Gypsies .................................. no comment, as it would not be politically correct for me to make a comment on an open forum:evil:

What did "they" actually do?

What did "they" actually do?

They went uninvited onto someone else's land equipped for and with the intention of committing a crime, namely causing suffering to animals, theft, contravention of the Deer Act and probably, whilst gaining entry, damage to property.

Provable/answerable in court - probably not.

Worthy of one of Tamus QC's legal diatribes about rights of the little man? - definitely not.

'Travelling folk' need to be dealt with in a way that does not make a situation worse if you see them as a problem. Using the authorities as appropriate is the right thing to do and don't let them dig in like has happened in some areas! It must be frustrating though to deal with especially when you know they're sneaking about and up to stuff while making a mess.

my bet is they will make your mates life hell from now on , thats how they think a eye for a eye etc , they will proberley cut fences let deer out, set things on fire etc they just dont give a damm.
we had problems and the more we got the plod involed the worse they got !!!!!!!!

quite possibly but I am afraid I am with the OP
If you don't do all you can to make their life difficult they waltz around this country like they are untouchable
the more info the police have on them, names, vehicle reg, known associates, current location etc.. the easier it is to finger them for specific crimes and actually get convictions.

they dont like being lifted by the police anymore than anyone else

trail cam the place on every entrance!

There are a lot of honest, law abiding gypsies out there. You cannot class them all as poaching, thieving Gypos. Many have a work ethic that would put a lot of us to shame. Ever watch the crews picking whelks. The raspberry pickers down angus way and elsewhere I am sure. I dealt with them for years and the problems I had were with caravan dwellers far removed from gypsies. The chairman of the travelling people's association was a personal friend I knew and worked with for over twenty years. I bought from him, I sold to him, he was a trader so you had to watch what he was angling for but he or his crew would not steal. Please do not tar them all with the same brush. Every stalker is not a ground stealing bar steward. Catty and balls, sounds more like pheasants on the roost they would be after. A runner puts them to the roadside. Collected after the vehicle left the ground. Used to have problems with lads out from Dundee doing rabbits, hares and birds by torchlight same way jim

They went uninvited onto someone else's land equipped for and with the intention of committing a crime, namely causing suffering to animals, theft, contravention of the Deer Act and probably, whilst gaining entry, damage to property.

Provable/answerable in court - probably not.

Worthy of one of Tamus QC's legal diatribes about rights of the little man? - definitely not.

No diatribe from me.

How about an observation on discriminatory language? ... you seemed keen enough to avoid what you thought was that, last week... even though it wasn't.

Is there actual proof that they had the intent you describe or do you just assume all of the above... I missed where they actually damaged anything... I'll reread the OP though.

Surely the ideal scenario is to prevent entry in the first place. There are obstructions placed on country lanes and entrances to private land all around our area.

I admire the guy for standing ip to them also. You cannot just walk away for fear of what their next action may be.

Finnbear, the police (or 'plod') cannot do any more than the law enpowers them to do. Regardless of celebrity status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back