Thread: Crossman Rogue® .357 Limited Edition by Benjamin Air Rifle®

Crossman Rogue® .357 Limited Edition by Benjamin Air Rifle®

Your thoughts on this bit of kit

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/rifles/pcp/BPE3571LE

Very expensive at £1699 or thereabouts. Not legal for anything other than vermin, very few shots per charge, incredibly ugly, crudely finished..... shall i go on! :-)

Nothing more than an expensive toy if you want my opinion. .22lr or subsonic .308 do very similar jobs, cheaper and more effectively. As far as taking all sorts of weird and wonderful game with it as per the nauseating exploits of "Team Wild"...just because you can doesn't mean you should.

My FEO would probably rank it up there with a bow, or a lurcher when I asked to get it conditioned for deer !

Not my cup of tea . But hey, if they can hunt with it then why not.

Be interesting to read the ballistics

I don't see anything crude about it or ugly.
    Awsome comes to mind. Plus a 22lr may just struggle at that range pig hunting, but not an expert.

While not my cup of tea large calibre high power air rifles are not something new, they date back to Napoleonic times. Snipers would use them to deadly effect. They were probably more effective than the muskets of the day with the bonus that they were almost silent in use.
    Last edited by 8x57; 27-11-2012 at 17:49.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

this is the stupidist thing crossman have ever done people are just going to push the limits of this peice of kit shooting bigger and bigger quarry (as the idiots of team wild have already done on youtube) until they shoot somthing which doesnt die runs off and suffers for god knows how

or better yet, shoot something that fights back?

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    this is the stupidist thing crossman have ever done people are just going to push the limits of this peice of kit shooting bigger and bigger quarry (as the idiots of team wild have already done on youtube) until they shoot somthing which doesnt die runs off and suffers for god knows how
    That quote is no different to a guy shooting a fox with a subsonic 22lr over 100 yards. It's down to the hunters ethics not the rifle. We have probably all shot something at one time or another that we could not fined and wondered if it has died a long painful death. So why shoot a deer, pig with a 375 cal air rifle . Because some people want to and can

I think the concept is a lot of fun. If you don't like the looks then take a look at the new Daystate offering of a large cal air rifle. Yes it has very limited utility in the UK, but I think an afternoon clunking metal plates with one of these would be a lot of fun!

This, and the new daystate are aimed at the US, not the UK.

I read some time ago about air powered shotguns but haven't heard any more about them since. No doubt someone is developing the airgun concept to all sorts of extremes. An article in Guns Review also springs to mind of a British guy many moons ago developing a large calibre precharged air rifle that had power levels close to those of a centrefire rifle perhaps somebody can remember more detail.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.