Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Venison Butchered Up For Auction on eBay

Wild Venison Butchered Up For Auction on eBay

Just browsing eBay and came across a guy Joe selling wild venison butchered as an auction. It's obvious that is out of his kitchen.
    Is there nothing you can not buy on eBay. Wonder if he has his dsc1,h&h cert or even a game licence.
    Andrew

Wild venison oven ready deer stalking | eBay

Why not?
    He only has to be registered as a food business and have a 'trained hunters exemption' and he is legal. I could do the same but choose to sell locally instead.
    Postage delays could cause an issue!
    MS

Why dsc1,completely irrelevant, looks professional to me well cut, he may have all the necessary licenses.

Pretty enterprising if you ask me. In my opinion the more you can think 'out of the box' regarding alternative marketing opportunities, then the more likely you are to get a premium on the product you're supplying.

Well done to Joe I say!

Regards,

Mike.

The three posts above seem to suggest I'm having a go at the guy joe. Certainly not just very surprised to see fresh meat for sale on eBay
    may have to stick a couple of lambs on.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Why not?
    He only has to be registered as a food business and have a 'trained hunters exemption' and he is legal. I could do the same but choose to sell locally instead.
    Postage delays could cause an issue!
    MS
    I have been considering doing some butchering and selling locally but got a bit confused as to the requirements,do i need a prep area other than kitchen??

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    I have been considering doing some butchering and selling locally but got a bit confused as to the requirements,do i need a prep area other than kitchen??
    Just check with your local council and you should be ok,

paul,

The guide lines say that " if you are to skin and butcher the carcass to sell you need somewhere more hygienic than a garage and kitchen table"
    so no the kitchen will not do

i was looking at that last night the joints were well strung up and did you see the size of the fillets, looked a class act to me

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    It's not that difficult and most of the information can be found here:
    http://www.food.gov.uk/business-indu...ldgameguidance
    The best thing to do is get the local council to inspect your premises and advise. It costs nothing and they are usually only to pleased to help someone who is trying to do things properly! Their main concern is usually what waste products you will produce and what you will do with them! "In the household bin", or "down the drain" are not phrases which will please them!
    MS