Wild Venison Butchered Up For Auction on eBay

you are more likely to get fresh meat from a guy that shot it and respects it than you are from a producer like highland game who will take several weeks to get it to the shelf!

The British Deer Society - new game meat laws

nothing to stop him selling out of his kitchen
I process rabbits (albeit not for sale on eBay, although now I am thinking!) in a similar fashion

Guys,

Back to Buckbones original.

You all feel comfortable buying fresh meat on EvilBay

Even the Brands don't "sell" on there. Yes, they can deliver worldwide with blast freezing, but not fresh.

Stan
The chap says collection only, no delivery. Fair play to him.

Even so several cornish fishermen/mongers sell via ebay offering nextday countrywide chilled distribution. It can be done .

Fair play to him, I started a 'hobby business' just over three years ago selling via ebay, I've now completed over 40,000 transactions. People may knock it, all I'll say is I now live in a bigger house, drive a much nicer vehicle and holiday long haul more than I ever did before ebay / fleabay /evilbay came along.

Anyone with a bit of IT literacy, a bit of time and most of all, 'an idea' can do the same. In my experience those who question licenses, council regulations and taxation etc are the ones without that big idea! And I've had over three years of conversations with all kinds of people to come to that conclusion! Get your thinking caps on boys......

Fair play to him, I started a 'hobby business' just over three years ago selling via ebay, I've now completed over 40,000 transactions. People may knock it, all I'll say is I now live in a bigger house, drive a much nicer vehicle and holiday long haul more than I ever did before ebay / fleabay /evilbay came along.

Anyone with a bit of IT literacy, a bit of time and most of all, 'an idea' can do the same. In my experience those who question licenses, council regulations and taxation etc are the ones without that big idea! And I've had over three years of conversations with all kinds of people to come to that conclusion! Get your thinking caps on boys......

Well done :thumb:

I notice on his advert that he states 'collection in person' so posting not an option anyway. Good luck to him i say!

Mm I've stalked with him and lets say it wasn't one I will repeat for a few reasons.

Message from Joe, if you were unhappy why not say what you were unhappy about, he is prepared to take you out again FOC very sorry cannot remember who you were so please contact him on 07859 838 129 cant say fairer than that.....

Cheers WB

Last edited:
Things are certainly different over here with game and game meat. Only game meat from a registered deer farm can be sold and the animals have to be slaughtered when a provincial meat inspector is present. In quite a few provinces you cannot even give hunter killed game meat to a food bank............... just inspected meat.

Things are certainly different over here with game and game meat. Only game meat from a registered deer farm can be sold and the animals have to be slaughtered when a provincial meat inspector is present. In quite a few provinces you cannot even give hunter killed game meat to a food bank............... just inspected meat.

Most hunters here are trained in hygiene and game handling hence them being able to sell it directly.

Do canadian hunters have similar training available to them?

Things are certainly different over here with game and game meat.

We (in England) are very fortunate to be allowed the "trained hunter" exemption from over regulation, allowing us to sell unprocessed meat, self inspected, with minimal restrictions.

We are regarded much the same as primitive hunters, e.g. Inuit, and left alone to get on with what we do. The official rules about our small scale hunting are generous, i.e we don't need to declare under 300 deer per year, and can sell within our county and the adjacent ones, which could be rather a large area.

I wish I knew who were the powers behind the scenes who thwarted the nonsense legislation proposed in the previous posts, I would like to thank them.

In Scotland things are rather different, perhaps because of their "tradition" of poaching. Venison can only be sold to game dealers, who usually have a monopoly in their area.

Never heard of any human health problem from dodgy venison, hope I never will.

Last edited:
Back