Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Experience needed

Experience needed

Hello. Am in the process of having my fac closed condition removed, I have only held my certificate for 6 months so fair enough they are asking me to prove I am safe etc. what I'm looking for is for someone for me to go out with or to come out with me I don't have to shoot live quarry asi have evidence of this from paid stalks just show I have a safe understanding of backstops safe gun handling etc which I do. I know this will be a pain in the ass for someone but I will pay my way and make it worth your time, weather it's labouring or helping out etc, I am 18 but have my own rifles and car so transport is not a problem. Pease let me know if you can help. I don't mine paying for your time but I'm only an apprentice so I'm not minted.

thanks
    Tom

You'll be lucky mate! Most areas will make you wait for 5 years before they open it up. You'll also be very lucky to find anyone who will put their ass on the line to state that they feel that an 18 year old with only 6 months experience is safe, especially if they don't know you! Good luck - I think you may need it.
    MS

Tom,

Not knowing your circumstances, i would think you could do worse than doing DSC1. It has a safety test involved and im sure would satisfy the police. Its probably something you will do eventually anyways and is a good start in your deer stalking life.

How did you get into shooting? Usually your introduced by someone, are they not available for reference? Dont worry about your age. We all have to start somewhere and theres lads younger than you that i know and trust more than fully grown old wise men when it comes to firearms and shotguns.

Best of luck.

Got dsc1 already. Firearms have given it to me in writing that once I produce the evidence my condition will be opened. To be honest I got into shooting by myself, dad doesn't shoot and doesn't really like it and his fathers isn't around so it's just been me learning as I go along. Just trying to make it as easy as possible for fox control during lambing as I struggles getting land cleared in time last year

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    You'll be lucky mate! Most areas will make you wait for 5 years before they open it up. You'll also be very lucky to find anyone who will put their ass on the line to state that they feel that an 18 year old with only 6 months experience is safe, especially if they don't know you! Good luck - I think you may need it.
    MS

Ms,

got to only, slightly disagree with you there,
    from meeting a chap and watching him a few times you will know if he is safe and reliable with a gun.
    also to say a guy in your opinion is safe is only valid for the day your with him and is an opinion.
    just like an mot, only really valid on the day its issued as any wear and tear after that is not warranted. i cant speak for this young lad but i would happily sign a sheet if i was happy with him, if you go out with him and he is not safe dont sign.
    you will meet someone sensible from here one hopes and get the assistance you need, i dont think it will be a five minute meet though as Ms is right they dont know you.

p,

Wiling to take as long as someone needs to deem me as safe.

Thanks
    tom

If you werent so far away yould be welcome up here.
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    Wiling to take as long as someone needs to deem me as safe.

Thanks
    tom
    now that comment wouldn't fill with me confidence tom, your either safe or not mate. anyone who would do this would not be there to instruct you although they would pass on experiences for you to learn from.
    good advise to take dsc1 but again that will not prove your safe but commited.

p,

I have done dsc1 alreadyalready

Got my certificate opened up after 9 months, I pointed out to FLO that the DSC1 has a good degree of safety involved and it proved competency. They agreed and opened it straight up, I was 19 at the time. That was 10 years ago mind you but shouldn't change anything!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.