2 Dog Foxes last night

We found these 2 foxes working at different ends of a big field last night,
I took the percentage shot of 120 yards while retrieving that one the second was working along the headland.
Despite calling it came to a stop then just sat and looked…Olly whispered it is a long way….I replied put the #@##+@# lamp back on it.
Click Bang Thud….
I dragged the first fox back to the truck while Olly with his long legs paced it out and when I turned up he popped his head through the window, well I asked?
225 mts was the reply, not bag for an old git he said with a grin….
Remington 700 75 gn ballistic tips.
STA60367.jpg
Tim.243

Can't beat the 75grn ballistic tip, use the same set up Rem 700 with shmidt & bender 8 x 56,
took a cub a few months back 230yrds, well done.

We found these 2 foxes working at different ends of a big field last night,
I took the percentage shot of 120 yards while retrieving that one the second was working along the headland.
Despite calling it came to a stop then just sat and looked…Olly whispered it is a long way….I replied put the #@##+@# lamp back on it.
Click Bang Thud….
I dragged the first fox back to the truck while Olly with his long legs paced it out and when I turned up he popped his head through the window, well I asked?
225 mts was the reply, not bag for an old git he said with a grin….
Remington 700 75 gn ballistic tips.
View attachment 22000
Tim.243

Tim, you hear of people shooting further, but that's a nice shot in darkness by anyones standards! The 75g Accutip are my round for charlie too!
Kev.

Well done.....like the picture , hoping to take a few Charlie's myself soon as I got the tikka .243 zeroed in yesterday with 75g BT's.....only problem is I am now on nightshift right through till xmas morning !!!:(

Back