Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: goose decoys

goose decoys

Hi guys has anyone use or seen the sillosock goose decoys.

I see bush wear are selling them.Any advice would be help full.

BushWear: Goose Sillosocks (Canada - Sentry)

cheers

ATB Kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Ive used the 'silo sock' type decoy with good success.I bought mine from tidepool wildfowling. a few years ago considerably cheaper without the heads,which didn't seem to make a difference.
    you need a small breze for the full effect, at they move giving another dimmension to your decoying.
    I also use a few shell decoys which were cheap at the time from target sports uk,Iv'e also made quite a few home made ones from believe it or not paper mache,and coat the inside with a thin layer of glass fibre,also done a few by cutting old tyres in half which seemed like a good idea at the time.

Sillosocks are very good but I'd be looking for some at the RRP instead of the sale price on Bushwear!

Are you looking to use these for night flights? If so forget decoys, just get a few white hessian sacks and cut triangles out of them and push a bit of bamboo stick down one edge. These look like tails to incomers and work fine........RRP.....nil....sale price.....3.99
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

i have used them and alough at first thinking they look unrealistic they definatly add realistic movement to the pattern. i have had good bags of greylag over them morning flighting by using them along side conventional decoys

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Sillosocks are very good but I'd be looking for some at the RRP instead of the sale price on Bushwear!

Are you looking to use these for night flights? If so forget decoys, just get a few white hessian sacks and cut triangles out of them and push a bit of bamboo stick down one edge. These look like tails to incomers and work fine........RRP.....nil....sale price.....3.99
    Im new to goose shooting il prob be doing morning flights.i got this ground just after last season i never got a shot then.

we went up last weakend an got a few just sneaking round a hedge row.Any advise would help alot.Do you no where to

get them cheeper limulus.

regards

ATB kev.

I was referring to the bushwear site re the cost...obviously theyve goofed as they show the RRP at 5.99 yet want 7.99 for them.
    The are much cheaper from the US even with import and VAT duties.
    Set a pattern as you would on woodpigs on spring rape.....two groups either side of a 15-20yd gap so they can safely land. Get out first light...a straggler/single is far easier to call in than a skein. Either dig in in one of the groups or lay on your back with a camo net over you so you can sit up and shoot when they start coming in....if you're real serious about it keep an eye open for a coffin hide...brilliant for goose shooting.
    Shooting pinkies under the moon is about as good as it gets in my book...nowt like laying there watching skein after skein track across then the exhilaration as 1000's descend into the pattern.
    Dont shoot more than six a session...anymore is just rude
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    I was referring to the bushwear site re the cost...obviously theyve goofed as they show the RRP at 5.99 yet want 7.99 for them.
    The are much cheaper from the US even with import and VAT duties.
    Set a pattern as you would on woodpigs on spring rape.....two groups either side of a 15-20yd gap so they can safely land. Get out first light...a straggler/single is far easier to call in than a skein. Either dig in in one of the groups or lay on your back with a camo net over you so you can sit up and shoot when they start coming in....if you're real serious about it keep an eye open for a coffin hide...brilliant for goose shooting.
    Shooting pinkies under the moon is about as good as it gets in my book...nowt like laying there watching skein after skein track across then the exhilaration as 1000's descend into the pattern.
    Dont shoot more than six a session...anymore is just rude
    thanks very much for your help limulus what kind of call do you use.

cheers

ATB kev

Quote Originally Posted by kev.rem700 View Post
    Hi guys has anyone use or seen the sillosock goose decoys.

I see bush wear are selling them.Any advice would be help full.

BushWear: Goose Sillosocks (Canada - Sentry)

cheers

ATB Kev

Make them out of 6mm ply wood some mat black and matt grey paint ,there simple and lethal

Olt800 for pinkies that I've tweeked to my liking......seems the pinkies like it too . Once you get the hang of it pinkies are easy enough to call in just using your voice.
    Used a DJ call in the past but it was too 'deep' for pinkies. Take the .2mm plastic shaper out of a shirt collar then cut the top to shape...this works for me
    Quad sticks

Is that us going for the geese Kev lol
    Just Shoot The F..king Thing!