Finland

trip going well everyone shot well on the moving moose test 2 very good bucks down and me and 2 others are sat out now in minus 12 c trying to make a kill happen more driven tomorrow

Nice one Andy & John! :thumb:

Whitetail? I had no idea they had them in Finland!

I wish I was there, it looks awesome and you're nailing whitetail! your still baskets

So I know where I'm going next year then!

well home now and today was interesting to say the least.
thanks for making it a great trip you lads.

Yep...."interesting" with the unscheduled break in our homeward journey :doh::lol: ..... Cheers for arranging the trip John, it was a blast, and an absolutely great bunch of lads to spend a few days with. (I'll do a bit of a write up & stick some pics up later in the week).

Have your feet thawed out yet??:eek::eek::eek:

You'd never believe it. Started my motor, got mile down the road and the battery light came on. Turned out the clutch on the alternator drive had gone. Dare not take it to bits so just gave it a couple whacks with the jack handle and it jumped into life. Made it all the way to within 5 mile of home then just ran on battery power. What a day.
What a trip, two cracking bucks, a great bunch of blokes and our hosts were a fine example of decent honest hunters. As my first hunting trip abroad I'm very pleased with how it all worked out. I to will do a little write up, unfortunately will not have the excitement of the guys who managed to bag a buck. May be next time.
Thanks to all the guys who cooked meals, and were such pleasant company to spend time with. As above if you are ever in my area and fancy dropping in, or need a quick fix (to your vehicle) I'd be happy to see you. To those of you who haven't done a trip like this I would not hesitate to recommend Robbo and his foreign mate Christian who is a blast.

You'd never believe it. Started my motor, got mile down the road and the battery light came on. Turned out the clutch on the alternator drive had gone. Dare not take it to bits so just gave it a couple whacks with the jack handle and it jumped into life. Made it all the way to within 5 mile of home then just ran on battery power. What a day.
What a trip, two cracking bucks, a great bunch of blokes and our hosts were a fine example of decent honest hunters. As my first hunting trip abroad I'm very pleased with how it all worked out. I to will do a little write up, unfortunately will not have the excitement of the guys who managed to bag a buck. May be next time.
Thanks to all the guys who cooked meals, and were such pleasant company to spend time with. As above if you are ever in my area and fancy dropping in, or need a quick fix (to your vehicle) I'd be happy to see you. To those of you who haven't done a trip like this I would not hesitate to recommend Robbo and his foreign mate Christian who is a blast.

You remember me saying "when things start to go wrong, they can unravel very quickly".....??:D. The day was just jinxed wasn't it????

The cabin
finlanddec010-1.jpg

finlanddec074.jpg

finlanddec078.jpg

finlanddec064.jpg

sauna
finlanddec063.jpg

on the range
finlanddec012-1.jpg

finlanddec011-1.jpg

Kens buck
finlanddec019.jpg

Quens big buck
finlanddec026.jpg

finlanddec022.jpg

richards buck follower shot at last light
finlanddec059-1.jpg

extraction
finlanddec027.jpg

finlanddec028.jpg

finlanddec032.jpg

finlanddec033-1.jpg

At the club
finlanddec054.jpg

finlanddec046-1.jpg

finlanddec039-1.jpg

finlanddec051.jpg

day 3
minus 15c
a moose in the drive and getting nearer, it passed by me about 400m's in the tree line but i was ready for action after sitting there for 3 hours without moving.
finlanddec066-1.jpg

finlanddec072-1.jpg

finlanddec068-1.jpg

finlanddec067-1.jpg

finlanddec073.jpg

Back