This mornings call out

That's a cracking find, longer than mine has done. If the sense of pride increases with distance you must be fit to burst over your dog.

That's a cracking find, longer than mine has done. If the sense of pride increases with distance you must be fit to burst over your dog.

thank you all for your positive comments , she has tracked 4 head shot red deer this season so far resulting in 3 finds and 1 loss (but the loss was shot 2 weeks later !)all tracks were in the reigon of a mile in distance and the first was in the pitch back .

im very pleased with her , but she does have her faults and i hope to get my next BMH even better on much longer and older tracks

ATVB lee

thank you all for your positive comments , she has tracked 4 head shot red deer this season so far resulting in 3 finds and 1 loss (but the loss was shot 2 weeks later !)all tracks were in the reigon of a mile in distance and the first was in the pitch back .

im very pleased with her , but she does have her faults and i hope to get my next BMH even better on much longer and older tracks

ATVB lee

great to hear of such skills :)

as a tracker, out of curiousity, what do you have to contend with most, headshots, gutshots, H/L shots, neckshots, and out of interest, do you keep records on the distances you've had to track these categories and what state they were in when found?

I'd love to see the data to analyse 'risk' trends in shot placement.

not trying to stir the pot, if you have the data, it's potentially best posted on a new thread.

as a tracker, out of curiousity, what do you have to contend with most, headshots, gutshots, H/L shots, neckshots, and out of interest, do you keep records on the distances you've had to track these categories and what state they were in when found?

not trying to stir the pot, if you have the data, it's potentially best posted on a new thread.

Will do this evening , will have to go back into my stalking diary.

To be honest I've done more tracking this year than I have in previous years but ill jott down my last half dozen or so tracks.

Butt please not estate names and tracking clients names will stay completely confidental , for it is my job to track not to judge and some of the shots were quite bad !

Sometimes where the beast was struck has no relationship with where was aimed at...

Back