Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: His First Drag

His First Drag

Lovely, cold afternoon in the Scottish Borders and out with youngest son(10) for a go at the sika.

Attachment 22041
    Wrapped up for the high seat and raring to go!

There was a calf in the field that had obviously got lost from the group, running up and down the fence so it was taken. He was then allowed to drag it back to the car unassisted. I was busy...

Anyway, 300m later...

Attachment 22042

It's great now that he and his older brother are big enough to assist in the work.

They are no longer wee pests, but great company. I handed him the binos and shut my eyes for half an hour after this one and told him to give me a quiet nudge if he saw anything. In fact they are actually quite handy, not just good company...

Attachment 22044

Nice!

You can't send them to the mill or up chimneys any more, but this seems just as useful!

Alex

Great to get them out and not being a pain anymore.

My eldest has been out a few times this year, not quite up to dragging yet but good at carrying the pack.

Not slave labour at all, education..............

Jonathon

They're invited too mannie.......

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

good stuff brian get them trained up.

iv only got girls now and i have made the offer to come and help me .no chance was the reply . but its nice to see your are willing.

Good one brian its when they get even bigger and want your rifle and fit your good Harkila stuff that things dont add up.

Great to see the youngsters out at it Freddie keeps asking to come out with me, think he's a bit young yet, 4 next week! Plus I think the chance of him keeping quiet are a long way off! Before you know it Brian the boys will be wanting they're own proper dogs, I'm sure we could find another couple of HS somewhere
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Quote Originally Posted by straightbetweentheeyes View Post
    Great to see the youngsters out at it Freddie keeps asking to come out with me, think he's a bit young yet, 4 next week! Plus I think the chance of him keeping quiet are a long way off! Before you know it Brian the boys will be wanting they're own proper dogs, I'm sure we could find another couple of HS somewhere
    The two of them are very good with the dogs and have been asking for their own cockers for a couple of years now to work at the pheasants. I think they are just now getting to the age where they can be trusted to listen. I hope I don't have enough work for 3 scenthounds in the family!!!

Nice to see you aren't spoiling him and letting him use a rope or anything! I must have been about 7 or 8 when I was initiated into the art of taking my side of the stick with stag in tow! 50 years on and I can remember it vividly.