Father and son double double

I spoke to my son who is keepering in devon just after lunch him saying he was going out stalking this evening .
I commented that I thought he might shoot a couple .
I was off out myself on my patch here as i have yet to get off the mark on the does since they came in .
I decided to visit a high seat that I had not stalked for quite a while as the wind should be right .
Driving up the drive to the estate I stopped the vechile and got out with my chalk puffer sure enough wind
was perfect for this seat and the GWP could sit up under the seat about 80 yds out from a 300 acre wood .
I sat there a good hour with nothing showing and the light fading fast .
I scanned the far end of the field to reveal three roe that I could not make out there sex due to the fading light
I decided to sit tight hoping deer would show a bit closer and that i could identify with a bit of luck .
suddenly I saw movement just on the edge of the wood about 80 yds away having a good look I decided
three does and possibly a buck .
the two does drifted left handed one standing perfect broadside the other face on I would have to wait to see if
i had enough light left to take the shot adjusting the dot to a dimmer setting on the swaro .
checking the far doe she was now broadside it was now or never .
deciding on the far doe i let loose the Blaser with new home loads the strike was good the deer running 20 yds
and dropping on the edge of the wood .
My attention now turning to the second beast the straight pull was allready cycled on the R8 the dot on the second
deer and boom the doe dropping on the spot .
two dead deer my first of the doe season .

on returning home and gralloching the beasts a spot of tea the phone rings and its my son from devon he had been
out and managed two fallow his first of the season also .
funny how things pan out with stalking he visits tomorrow and is bringing his rifle home with him so lets hope the
weather hoid and see if we can shoot a couple more .

regards pete ,

Only thing wrong with that storey was the fact you were 100 miles apart. As you said, hope the weather holds out for you so you can get out together. Can't wait to be able to go with my lad.

Cheers. Matt.

Last edited:
Good going Pete.

Bloody hell they are letting him have a day off :D

I think you might need to head south with the amount they have down at his place of work and then pop up the river for a pint ;)

Hopefully catch up in the new year mate

ATB

Jon

Only thing wrong with that storey was the fact you were 100 miles apart. As you said, hope the weather holds out for you so you can get out together. Can't wait to be able to go with my lad.

Cheers. Matt.

Hi matt
hope your journey wasnt too bad going home pleasure to meet you both
that small pup went today the other is in with us and the teckel :D

your right about being apart from the lad mate you cant put a price on time spent together miss him .
but hell of a job hes got down there under a top head keeper .

regards pete .

nicely done bud, knowing jake he will get a few while hes visiting you. say hi to him from me and ask him if he needs anymore tea :D

Hi matt
hope your journey wasnt too bad going home pleasure to meet you both
that small pup went today the other is in with us and the teckel :D

your right about being apart from the lad mate you cant put a price on time spent together miss him .
but hell of a job hes got down there under a top head keeper .

regards pete .

Journey wasn't too bad, never got to see my pup though, couldn't get hold of the guy.
Theyll have there hands full with the little one. Iv got andys pup tonight as he's away at a family do. He's an absolute pleasure to have, he's just so laid back and just about fully house trained already.

Wish I'd took the same path as your lad. Still love to get into it now but it's getting harder an harder.
Hope you have a good en tomorrow pal.

Matt

Back