Thread: Good day with Sikamalc

Good day with Sikamalc

Firstly my apologies,i'm not the best of story writers, the day began at 7.00 am in a very cold and frosty Bedfordshire, we began with a look around the fields,everything was frozen,grass frosted with no CWD to be seen,but slots everywhere, the chinks were tucked up somewhere waiting for things to warm up.
    After a good look around we came to that conclusion,so walking down a track talking about shooting Malcolm said "Muntjac" and on a ride not 70 yards away,a good buck,sticks up and a fast shot,down went the buck on the spot to 50g from my .222,and a good buck he is,i will get him measured and he is definitely a medal,but going back a bit.
    We took a drive around the estate looking for CWD activity and spotted a sandy coloured "lump" in a ploughed field not 40 yards away,a quick stop and check through the bino's and yes its a CWD,but not moving,so Malc whistled,shouted....nothing,is it dead?,shouted again,much louder and the ears moved,but no way of telling buck or doe,we moved closer to about 20 yards away,still sound asleep,so Malc shouted and shouted,it eventually moved......it got up and ran off!
    In the afternoon it just started to thaw,but still very cold and it would seem too cold for the CWD,we saw maybe six but they were all sprung from cover in which they were keeping warm,we were within 20-30 yards of them before they bolted.
    We spotted one couched down on a stubble field and it let us within 100 yards,but a clean miss i'm afraid (can't shoot off sticks standing at tiny targets in the wind)...thats my excuse!
    At dusk Malc decided to stand and cover a good spot with the sticks up,after 30 minutes nothing showed,when behind us out popped a fox,a long way off,too far for me on sticks!,so down prone in the mud with my bipod it was,Meopta dot on the neck and bang,one dead fox at 150 yards plus,so a good end to a thoroughly enjoyable day,on some excellent ground.
    Thank you Malcolm and i will be back to get my Chinese.

Hi Mark, good to see you back again with me.

Took two CWD over the next two days, and on the last morning we had 6 out in front of us at first light. That Munty you took was a very nice head and heavy as well. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best

Sikamalc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Hi Soulboy1957
    Nice write-up and well done on the Muntjac

Andrew (also in east kent)

Nice one guys, well done on your munty.

Nice one soulboy, sounds like that Muntie was a good one!

Thanks for your comments,and yes my best muntjac to date and a really enjoyable day.
    Malcolm if you any thurs or Friday availability (Beds or W Sussex) during the next couple of months please let me know
    ATB
    Mark

Any Pictures of the Muntie

You're wrong you do write a good story

Noah

Quote Originally Posted by soulboy1957 View Post
    Thanks for your comments,and yes my best muntjac to date and a really enjoyable day.
    Malcolm if you any thurs or Friday availability (Beds or W Sussex) during the next couple of months please let me know
    ATB
    Mark
    Ok Mark,

will check my diary, but I can tell you I am booked solid from January 4th right through to March, although some weekdays may be possible.

If you want to book for Roe Buck let me know as I am booking already, and April is nearly full.

Best wishes

Malc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.